It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
(male)

atlfan88 HB User
should i get a second opinion?

I am wondering if I should get a second opinion. I recently haven been having testicle pain for three days. I started having dizzy spells as well as nausea, and sharp pains up just below my ribs. When I take deep breaths my chest feels tight like the muscles are tight. I went to my doctor today and had a urinalysis and a physical exam. Urinalysis came back clean and during my physical nothing is tender to the touch or.out of the ordinary. My Dr gave me an antihistamine for the dizziness BC two years ago I was treated for dizziness before. The nausea he said could be from me taking zoloft. As far as the pain in my testicles and up through my abs to my rib area he said it could be kidney stones however said it could be two weeks to get a CT to check for it so he just sent me on my way and told me to take ibuprofen for the pain. I left uneasy BC nothing was really answered. It just seemed weird to have all these things happen at the same time and for them to not have anything to do with another. I dunno. Should I get a second opinion?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: should i get a second opinion?

Why 2 weeks before a scan be done? Hopefully he is not passing this off as some nervous thing. If he thinks it is the Zoloft, why not switch you to something else. How long have you been on Zoloft? Guess my opinion is...get another one!!!

Good luck...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
(male)

atlfan88 HB User

Don't know why it was going to be two weeks. Seems weird to me. Been on the zoloft for almost three weeks now but he only attributes the nausea to the zoloft so he didn't see any reason to take me off of it. Sucks because I didn't really get any answers on why my pain is happening since he didn't order any other test. I've been told to just go to the emergency room if the pain gets worse by my urologist and my pcp. Urologist wont see me until someone diagnoses it as a urological problem. Been pretty frustrating.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Ok, so he thinks the Zoloft is making you sick to your stomach yet didn't say.."hey, let's try something else"? Didn't recommend any other tests except the one your scheduled for in what...two more week? Basically don't bother him unless your in REAL pain, and then if so go to the ER..Hmmmm.

Not trying to be funny here, trust me, but with an attitude like that..I would soooo seek another opinion and ask what other tests can be done for an answer.

I TRULY wish you luck..it must be VERY frustrating....JJ

Old 03-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
(male)

atlfan88 HB User

Yeah I'm already searching for a new pcp. He never scheduled anything else for me just sent me on my way. It is frustrating because I'm a truck driver so its not like I know where I'm going to be on a daily basis. Thankfully I work for a great company and they completely Were understanding when I pulled myself off the road today until next week because of the dizziness. I'm staying positive though.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good for you. I very seldom tell anyone to look for a new Dr. as I also have tried a few after mine, of 32 years retired and ran into a few winners!!! Luckily I have new ones now that are just great and I can ask them anything.

Seeing your a trucker I think that was very wise to pull yourself off the road. God forbid you get dizzy driving and have an accident and hurt yourself or someone else, you probably couldn't forgive yourself. Now wouldn't that be a wicked thing to live with the rest of your life?

Yup, this guy gives me the impression..if your NOT dying, don't bother me. Relax and take it easy for a few days and see how it goes.

Wishing you all the best....JJ....

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
atlfan88 (03-17-2011)
Closed Thread