It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
(male)

OanRaduk HB User
Staph aureus, P. aeruginosa immunostimulants

Hi, ive been searching for several hours for some immunostimulants. In particular, id want something that contains inactivated staph aureus and pseud aeruginosa (not necesarily in the same ofc). Im from Romania, and we had some very good ones, but they are not produced anymore.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Staph aureus, P. aeruginosa immunostimulants

Hi is there an infection with these pathogens?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
(male)

OanRaduk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi is there an infection with these pathogens?
Yes, i believe there is, but the new analysis is not done yet and i didnt wanna jump to conclusions.
I have been having sore throat in the morning for almost 1.5 years.
My first test revealed staph aureus. It was sensible to penicilin, which i tried but after a week there was no improvement. I ended up trying every antibiotic that the test revealed as effective. The second test revealed staph too(a bit more resistant this time). Before the third test know for sure i have tried Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Oxacillin, Erythromycin, Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Clarithromycin.
The odd thing is, after the second test, ive tried an antibiotic, i dont know which, with no improvement whatsoever or noticeable difference. In a few weeks after the treatment, the throat pain got worse, it hurt all day and i did the third test. It revealed Pseudomona aeruginosa, but the staph was gone??. Anyways, i did Gentamicin 80mg every 12 hours. The pain improved, but was still in the morning. 2 months later, the last treatment i tried in hope of totally eradicating it was with Ciprofloxacin 750 mg every 12 hours for a week, and it improved somewhat, but for a few days only.
Yesterday i went to do another test, but i wont find the result till tuesday.
My prediction is it will reveal MRSA, Pseudomona or both.
My throat still hurts in the morning, and its still redish(like irritated). I couldnt live with that for the rest of my life. Also I get high fever often, every 2 months, i cant go to the gym cause my immune system will be very weakend after etc.

I asked for the immunostimulants as an alternative to the antibiotics, which, when they were produced in Romania, they were very cheap and very effective in improving the immune system. Their name was: Polidin(included inactivated staph) and Cantastim (inactivated Pseud. Aeruginosa). The European Union recently stopped the production due to standards.
Sorry for my English.

EDIT: Maybe i should post this in the ENT section after the results

Last edited by OanRaduk; 03-19-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

I think your English is very good.
What are you doing or not doing that might have an effect on your immune system, like going off sweets and identifying food intolerances? As I mentioned in other posts, my daughter went through something similiar to what you are experiencing. For years, having serious throat and sinus issues she was put on all the antibiotics, with little results, her doctor finally threw up his hands and proclaimed he didn't know what else to do.
She eventually found out, on her own, that she had an intolerance to dairy and the sore throats were being caused by ice cream. Since then, I have read many posts from people claiming that there is a connection to sore throat/sinus infections and ice cream. Apparently, it has something to do with how the ice cream is manufactured, as homemade ice cream doesn't seem to cause the problem.
There's probably little chance that this is your problem, but thought I throw it out there.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
(male)

OanRaduk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny2020 View Post
I think your English is very good.
What are you doing or not doing that might have an effect on your immune system, like going off sweets and identifying food intolerances? As I mentioned in other posts, my daughter went through something similiar to what you are experiencing. For years, having serious throat and sinus issues she was put on all the antibiotics, with little results, her doctor finally threw up his hands and proclaimed he didn't know what else to do.
She eventually found out, on her own, that she had an intolerance to dairy and the sore throats were being caused by ice cream. Since then, I have read many posts from people claiming that there is a connection to sore throat/sinus infections and ice cream. Apparently, it has something to do with how the ice cream is manufactured, as homemade ice cream doesn't seem to cause the problem.
There's probably little chance that this is your problem, but thought I throw it out there.
Thank you very much for helping.
I actually consume a lot of dairy products, but i dont have any signs of intolerance. I think i'll cut the dairy for a few days, and then drink a lot of milk to see if it causes any difference. As for ice cream, well i havent eaten ice cream in a long time. I make sure that everything i eat or drink isnt too cold. i usually warm up my water before i drink it.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

My daughter's only symptom of dairy intolerance was the sinus and throat issues, which was odd as this type of intolerance usually includes stomach issues. I have my fingers crossed that your problem can be cured with a simple diet change. Good luck and let us know how you're doing. We care.

The Following User Says Thank You to SnowBunny2020 For This Useful Post:
OanRaduk (03-19-2011)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
(male)

OanRaduk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny2020 View Post
I have my fingers crossed that your problem can be cured with a simple diet change.
Thanks a lot! I certainly hope so too.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi bacteria love milk, I would skip the milk for more than just a few days.
Is there any access to tea tree oil losenges?
An herbalist might be helpful.
Are grapefruit, lemon, limes, and oranges used? They can be used to help those with infections. They can be diluted with water to make them less irritating to the throat.
Is there interest in a throat irrigation treatment instruction and a hydrotherapy treatment instruction?

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
OanRaduk (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #9
(male)

OanRaduk HB User

Quote:
Is there any access to tea tree oil losenges?
I dont know what those are exactly. I tried a lot of drops, capsules etc that dissolve in the mouth but they all were ineffective on the long term. Actually the only septical appliance it seems to help is "rubbing" the throat with salt - if i do this before bed, the sore throat in the morning is almost gone.
Quote:
Are grapefruit, lemon, limes, and oranges used?
I eat oranges quite often. I dont find them too iritating, like lemons or soda.
Quote:
Is there interest in a throat irrigation treatment instruction and a hydrotherapy treatment instruction?
I'm not entierly sure what those mean, but yes i'm intrested.

Last edited by OanRaduk; 03-20-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

We've found that very warm lemon water with honey (a natural bug killer) seems to work the best on a sore throat. If a lozenge contains sugar it might feel better for awhile, but can make the infection worse. Yes, I know honey is a sugar, but it's different.

The Following User Says Thank You to SnowBunny2020 For This Useful Post:
OanRaduk (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Seeing you have tried just about every antibiotic out there with very little relief, I would make an appt. with an ENT to get to the bottom of why you have this.

Antibiotics after awhile rob your system of good bacteria so can you try a good Probiotic? Does sound like maybe your eating or drinking something that might be irritating your immune system Sure hope you get to the bottom of this soon and feel much better.

Best of wishes...JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
OanRaduk (03-20-2011)
Old 03-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Hi Ok the tea tree oil losenges are obtained here in health food places. It is known (according to one book) that Staph Aureaus likes salt and grows on it so it might be more useful to put plain very warm water in about a quart of water. About 4 teaspoons steam activated charcoal powder (not the briquette type) may be stirred into this water thoroughly with a fork. This must not get on clothes it will not come out. The powder can be placed in the bottom of the quart jar first followed by the water and a nice slurry made before filling the rest with water. One can use an ear irrigation bulb to squirt the throat out. If a person decides to use salt then 1/2 a teaspoon is usually used to 8 ounces of water. If any more than this amount of salt is used it is too hypertonic to the cells and bursts them then the bacteria will have dead cells on the back of the throat to feed on irritating it further in the long run.

The other thing one can do is to have several hand towels and some large towels and wash cloths gathered together and a bowl of ice. A plastic the size of a bread bag will be needed to help prevent wetness and chilling. A few clothespins may be needed. A chair is put in front of the sink. The room should be comfortably warm. The towels are placed in the lap in the order needed. A hand towel is put under the faucet and made very warm and wrung out but not so hot that it will produce a burn it should be comfortable. It is then wrapped around the neck and the plastic quickly placed over it so that it covers it before any cooling takes place. Then another hand towel is placed over that to insulate it and it can be clipped in place with a clothes pin. Then the Large towel is placed over this and it can also be clipped with a clothes pin. After 3 minutes they are all taken off and laid in the lap in the order they come off. An ice cube is then run around the neck and it is well dried. Then the whole process is repeated another 3 times the 4th one is warmer than the other 3 and ended with cold again and dried well. Then the throat is covered with a dry towel and the person goes to bed to sleep for the night.

I would be sure to use some raw and some cooked food in a wide variety of fruits grains veges and some nut butters, walk daily in sun and fresh air, drink 50 ounces water for each 100 pounds body weight, sleep 8 hours a night. I would avoid bad substances such as coffee, tea, alcohol, most drugs, food additives, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, vinegar, pickles, hot spices, sodas, caffeine beverages, and especially sweets.

I would wash hands and wash garments, clothes sheets and the things in the household.

I would personally try one other very desperate measure also to see if it helps. I apologize for the fact that may seem bizarre indeed. In the old days vaccines were made by killing bacteria and then putting some of it in an animal to see if it would protect from disease, at least this is my limited understanding of it. I would collect spit from the sore throat over time in a canning jar or unbreakable heat tolerant jar that has been exposed to heat before. I would do this before treatments are started. Then I would put it in a pressure cooker and heat it at 15 pounds for one hour making sure that there is plenty of water so that it will not all steam out in the one hour. When the canner/pressure cooker is done it must cool before opening. The jiggler is taken off when cool and then the canner is opened very slowly with the lid edge down on the side toward you and the far edge lifted up slowly so that the steam does not come out and burn the body if it is too hot. Then when it is cool I would drink it on an empty stomach when hungry. I would wait at least 1/2 hour before food. I know this may seem a bit gross but it might act like a vaccine and help. Of course it might not but it might be worth a try. Let me know what is tried and how well it goes if desired.

Last edited by sjb; 03-20-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: grammar

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
OanRaduk (03-21-2011)
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

Hi I thought of something else one might try if cooperation from others can be obtained.
I would try to find someone who has recovered from one of the organisms or both organisms or 2 people who have recovered from each different organism. A bit of this blood might be put in IV so that the antibodies will help make more antibodies to clear the infection. It would be useful to be sure the others who are helping do not have another problem such as HIV AIDS hepatitis etc.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
(male)

OanRaduk HB User

@sjb Thank you very much for such a comprehensive post! You've answered some questions i've been wondering myself.

Some symptom I discovered, the space between the cranium and the maxilla (tonsils?) hurts when i touch and feel swollen - probably caused by the infection. I started massaging the place. Strange thing i found this after so much time.
Also something to mention: i eat garlic when i can and i think it has some good effects. There are a lot of studies to confirm it! Also goes well with antibiotics.
Quote:
Hi Ok the tea tree oil losenges are obtained here in health food places.
Well - tea tree oil translated in romanian sounds kinda stupid, im sure it has a different name but i cant find it.
Quote:
It is known (according to one book) that Staph Aureaus likes salt and grows on it so it might be more useful to put plain very warm water in about a quart of water...If any more than this amount of salt is used it is too hypertonic to the cells and bursts them then the bacteria will have dead cells on the back of the throat to feed on irritating it further in the long run.
I find the affirmation that staph likes salts a bit odd because i used salt and it sure had a positive effect. I should've mentioned in the first post, i used to have stuffy nose all the time (so i may have/had a sinus infection too) so the thing i started to do was "snorting" concentrated warm salt water and spitting it through my mouth. It was painful at start, but it started clearing my nose. Even now when i dont do it every day i have a nostril clear all the time. This surely had a good effect on the long run.
Also take look at this http://jcm.asm.org/cgi/content/full/45/2/682 - a good study. It looks like the more concentrated salt is, the soon the bacteria dies (it does not like salt at all). The one thing i found as a patient, is that there are lots of bad information - in this case i doubt the salt is bad.
Quote:
it might be more useful to put plain very warm water in about a quart of water. About 4 teaspoons steam activated charcoal powder (not the briquette type) may be stirred into this water thoroughly with a fork. This must not get on clothes it will not come out. The powder can be placed in the bottom of the quart jar first followed by the water and a nice slurry made before filling the rest with water. One can use an ear irrigation bulb to squirt the throat out. If a person decides to use salt then 1/2 a teaspoon is usually used to 8 ounces of water.
I dont think i got all the quantities right (i use metric), but this water-charchoal mixture actually has a name in my language, think it was used in the making of soap.
The septical appliances i tried that seemed somewhat effective are salt rubbed with a finger on my throat and propolis disolved in ethanol which i spray with a pulverizer - but there is no benefit in overdoing them, i use them every three days or so. I'll start spraying this mixture too.
Quote:
The other thing one can do...
This procedure sounds very good, i didn't understood it yet completely yet as i'm not a native speaker, but i should try sometime doing this "whole thing with towels".
Quote:
I would be sure to use some raw and some cooked food in a wide variety of fruits grains veges and some nut butters, walk daily in sun and fresh air, drink 50 ounces water for each 100 pounds body weight, sleep 8 hours a night. I would avoid bad substances such as coffee, tea, alcohol, most drugs, food additives, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, vinegar, pickles, hot spices, sodas, caffeine beverages, and especially sweets.
The fruits i eat mostly are oranges, anyway my alimentation doesnt seem that bad except maybe sweets. I don't think I also do some cardio as i know it helps the immune system.
Why do you say tea is bad? If swetened tea it's bad, well i like it without sweetners. When I'm at home I warm up my water -why shouldn't i make it some tea? It just makes the water more tasty. Plus wikipedia reports tea as potentialy healthy in general!
About dairy i couldn't find any information/study about why it's bad; is that a certainty? Sorry for being skeptical. I know a lot of bacteria grows in unboiled milk, that's beacuse there are a lot of initial bacteria and milk it's very nutritive. But that true for every food: if you leave uncooked meat at room temperature it quickly starts stinking.
Quote:
I would personally try one other very desperate measure also to see if it helps. I apologize for the fact that may seem bizarre indeed. In the old days vaccines were made by killing bacteria and then putting some of it in an animal to see if it would protect from disease, at least this is my limited understanding of it. I would collect spit from the sore throat over time in a canning jar or unbreakable heat tolerant jar that has been exposed to heat before. I would do this before treatments are started. Then I would put it in a pressure cooker and heat it at 15 pounds for one hour making sure that there is plenty of water so that it will not all steam out in the one hour. When the canner/pressure cooker is done it must cool before opening. The jiggler is taken off when cool and then the canner is opened very slowly with the lid edge down on the side toward you and the far edge lifted up slowly so that the steam does not come out and burn the body if it is too hot. Then when it is cool I would drink it on an empty stomach when hungry. I would wait at least 1/2 hour before food. I know this may seem a bit gross but it might act like a vaccine and help. Of course it might not but it might be worth a try. Let me know what is tried and how well it goes if desired.
It will probably surprise you, but i like this idea. I'm actually familiarised with the concept, because the institute that created those immunostimulants i talked about also did this thing "autovaccinacion" - they took bacteria, grow them, kill(inactivate) them and then create an intramuscular solution with them (or thats what i understood). Anyway, this was expensive. The idea of creating a "vaccine" myself is great, i will try it asap. I have a question though:
what does that "15 pounds heat" mean? This study suggests that 30 minutes of heating should kill pseudomona:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC420782/ and staph requires less.
Quote:
Hi I thought of something else one might try if cooperation from others can be obtained.
I would try to find someone who has recovered from one of the organisms or both organisms or 2 people who have recovered from each different organism. A bit of this blood might be put in IV so that the antibodies will help make more antibodies to clear the infection. It would be useful to be sure the others who are helping do not have another problem such as HIV AIDS hepatitis etc.
That would be desperate. I dont think many doctors/hospitals would approve this! Anyway, i dont think a few antibodies will make a difference as they dont replicate themselves as bacteria do.

Thank you very much for the ideas, the vaccinacion one really got me excited!

Last edited by OanRaduk; 03-21-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome!
I would probably try to keep hands off swollen mucosal tissues as these need the cells to heal up as much as possible without interferance. One doctor I know about suggests massage in the context of the outside of the body being healthy. The mucous tissues will get the massage with the irrigation squirt from the ear irrigation bulb.
How long has the garlic been done? Some people say that boils are more likely to occur if there is a high amount of sulfur and garlic has a high amount. However I have to say one of my friends had a sore throat 4 weeks and she had ear pain and a friend of hers told her to use 3 cloves a day and she chewed on it and later the pain in the throat went away and she apparently regained most of her hearing in it in spite of the fact that she had lost much of it. She ate some sweets later and the sore throat started back up again and she went back to her garlic. Antibiotics don't always work with MRSA and sooner or later seem to cause Candida problems for people.
Yes I think the name is Melaleuca Alternifolia. That is probably the latin name for it likely to be familiar everywhere.
Because there is a severe sore throat problem with pathogens it really does not seem the salt that was done so far helped and may actually have popped some of the cells in the mucosa causing dead cells to be available for bacteria to feed on giving off toxin and more sore throat.

yes I have a book that describes how to use ashes and fat to make soap.

Propolis I question since it seems to irritate some peoples throat but to each his own. Ethanol???? I don't think that is the most healthy solution for a throat in any form spray or not. I would not use the charcoal from a spray bottle but from an irrigation bulb with a fairly constant stream until the bulb runs out of fluid and then a refill.

Don't hesitate to ask about anything that is not completely understood even if quoting the problematic phrase is needed. The procedure with towels needs to be done with rest and done properly. If the water is not warm enough because of a bad water heater it can make the throat feel worse later, a skin burn should not occur either so it needs to be comfortable.
I would say that if they can be obtained grapefruit, limes and lemon might be highly important.

Cardio is important I would try to keep most of the breathing through the nose and not the mouth if possible. I would not do weight lifting however because several people seem to have ruined their heart valves if too much weight is used.

The black and green tea contains caffeine. This can have a blood vessel constriction which is unhealthy for trying to get rid of infection. The blood needs to get in there and eat up the bacteria that are a problem if the circulation is hindered it hinders health. It has been said that to have perfect health one must have perfect circulation.

Chamomile, hops and uncaffeinated herbal teas may actually have a good medicinal effect. There is only about one exception to that is that one of them (not sure which ) has sometimes been used for nausea with good effect, but I would not use it long term. Normally tea also has a bad effect on the nervous system and may be involved with headaches because of caffeine.
I have found more than one source about strong bacteria in milk. MRSA seems to be steadily increasing in an area that raises a lot of cows.

Yes some foods spoil faster than others I remember hearing several years ago that meat and dairy should be thrown out after 3 hours of being out. vegetables about 6 hours and fruits 12.

The fifteen pounds pressure is for the canner. When the canner jiggler is put on top it is put so that the pressure gauge reaches 15 pounds. I know the study says 30 minutes. I have put an hour for safety because it takes a good 20 minutes at least to heat up and then it needs at least 20-30 minutes of good pressure or more, it needs a good 20 minutes for cool down at least. If the amount of time is not long enough the risk is that the germ will still be viable. If germs today are stronger (some of them not killed with heat anymore) then longer might be better.

Oh yes the antibodies would be useful as far as the tube of blood if it can be obtained because the body may use them to replicate and make more antibodies. Of course not many will at this point but perhaps if a few really thoughtful people really think about it long enough in the future it might be useful. Of course finding blood nowdays that is clean from all the AIDS hepatitis etc. is a bit harder except among certain populations.

You are welcome for the ideas I hope something is found helpful.

Closed Thread