It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

kileymarie HB User
Unhappy constantly sick with throat viruses and infections..

I'm Kiley, 17 years old.
The past few years, (maybe more) i have been getting sick often, and it only increases and gets worse the older i get. Especially recently..
I am constantly getting throat viruses, throat infections, strep, bronchitis.. I rarely ever get flus or other stomach bugs, I keep getting my illnesses in my throat only. Also, i get over one of these throat illnesses, and i'm usually only healthy for about 2 weeks at the most, before i become sick again. It's exhausting when i'm constantly getting sick or recovering, and frankly, i'm begginng to get very frustrated and depressed, because doctors can't seem to understand that i really do feel that there is an underlying issue causing my constant throat problems. i get told that i'll get better all the time, but that means nothing to me since i'll just be sick again soon. I just want t figure out what's wrong with me so i can fix it and be happy and healthy again. please, if you have any suggestions, let me know. thankyou.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: constantly sick with throat viruses and infections..

Sounds like your immune system is run down for some reason. Have the Drs. run any tests and blood work? Do you make sure you eat a balanced diet and no junk food? Have you taken vitamins and suppliments?

Sorry for so many questions, but it sounds like your body is lacking something and your immune system is lacking something. Seeing most of your problems are with your throat etc. have you seen an ENT? Been tested for allergies? If your Dr. keeps putting you on antibiotics that will take a lot out of you, so a good Probiotic really might do you a lot of good. Since my Dr. put me on a Probiotic Acidopilus so far my colds have been very few and I was always getting sinus infections, at least 3 a year.

Make sure your not being exposed to any harsh chemicals or mold too.

Hope your feeling better soon....JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

My daughter could have written your post. She suffered from the same symptoms for years and no medical professional could help her. She discovered on her own that she could not tolerate dairy or gluten. She's fine now.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
(female)

kileymarie HB User

JJ-thankyou! yes, i take vitamins regularly now that this has started, and i eat fairly well!
i actually went through some blood tests today ( don't have the results yet) and also saw an ent for the first time.. although he wasn't much help. we may go to an immunologist. thanks for your advice!

Snowbunny2020- thanks to you too, it's nice to hear that others have had the issues i'm having right now, thanks for sharing that.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Anyone mentioned taking your tonsils out?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Well let us know what the blood tests show, as there has to be an answer out there.

Good luck....JJ...

Closed Thread