It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

carpediemorelse HB User
Internal hemorrhoids?

In the past 6 months (on and off, three occurrences to date) I have noticed bright red blood on the TP after having a BM. Each occurrence will last for a day or two and only when I'm having a BM. After the second incident several months ago I had a rectal exam a few days afterward and was told by the doctor that she did not feel any internal hemorrhoids. The last incident occurred two days ago with bright red blood and what looked like a small clot. Throughout the day I felt pressure in my abdomen especially while having a BM and what I can only describe as a "mass" or obstruction that made it feel as though my body did not want to pass the BM. I don't feel any pain with the BM's or bleeding, it doesn't happen during constipation, and there aren't any external signs of anything unnatural outside of the blood.

I have an appointment scheduled with my family doctor, but it won't be for another 3 weeks. Does it sound like internal hemorrhoids are causing the bleeding? How long can internal hemorrhoids last? If internal hemorrhoids are not found, should I push for a colonoscopy or other testing? Being 28 years old, I'm fairly certain that my doctor will tell me that I'm too young to have such testing performed.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Internal hemorrhoids?

When you see your Dr. I would ask for a referral to see a GI Dr. You may not need a colonoscopy but you need someone in that field to figure out why your getting bleeding. They could do a small scoping to see if anything is blocked or if there is indeed internal hemorrhoids.

It could also be an anal fissure which is a crack or tear in the skin of the anal canal. Anal fissures may be noticed by bright red anal bleeding on the toilet paper.

Good luck...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: Internal hemorrhoids?

I agree with JJ in that it's probably a little crack or tear that is bleeding and then clotting and will probably heal on its own. BTW, you are not too young for a colonoscopy.

Closed Thread