about an hour ago I breathed in smoke for about 10-15 min. in an almost out of control fire ( we put it out). immediately after the fire I began coughing up black mucus. since then my lungs and throat feel like they are burning, when I try to speak more than a few words I begin coughing up a creamy white mucus. I have a headache and am nauseated. When I move around i become dizzy. Should I go to the ER or will the symptoms pass over time?
Hi I hope the ER was visited by now in case of carbon monoxide poisoning. I would be using a bit of steam activated charcoal. A friend of mine had carbon monoxide poisoning from a bad stove or hot water heater and she told me she had been suffering from it but had been using charcoal because of her symptoms. She did not know about the poisoning while it was occurring but feels she survived because she used it.