It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

Tiacat HB User
My body rejects water?

When I drink most water, its like my body rejects it. An hour after drinking it saliva is litterally filling my mouth and being wiped on a napkin. Its like my body has to get rid of every drop of water (something in tap water?) out one end or the other. This has occasionally happened to me with tea, pop, and watery soup as well. My stomach feels awful during this as well.

Through most of my childhood I took very small amounts cold *running* water only, ate lots of fruit, soup, and juice to stay hydrated.

With the bottled water revolution
I've learned that highly filtered water with electrolytes is okay I'm not sure if the secret is the filtration or the electrolytes.

I also have reason to believe my body needs more salt them most.

So is it an endocrine issues, an allergy, something else?

Thoughts?

Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: My body rejects water?

My first thoughts would be reflux caused by the sphincter to the stomach from the esophagus doesn't close properly when there's a certain amount of liquid in the stomach. Liquid is also easier to regurgitate.

Gas could also be a problem which could push up the liquid..again..it would be related to the sphincter...or you might have a hernia that's causing pressure into that area.

I think you should see a gastroenterologist...you do need to have a scope done nto see what's going on in there. The other thing is possibly to have either an MRI or an ultra sound or a CT scan...something that can check the area as a whole.

Don't leave it...do get it checked. The possiblity of stomach acid eroding your esophagus is high from any kind of reflux. If you have had a raspy voice or discomfort in your throat, etc..that could be another symptom. You might just notice the water, but it could be happening regardless.

Keep us posted as to the outcome.
q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi because of this belief about salt it might be wise to get a health professional opinion and get the sodium tested among other things.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
(male)

Dawood HB User

Hi Tiacat,
I am not a doctor but I know water importance for body. Have you tried lemonade, water melon or grape fruit? Did your body rejects them also?
Do consult your doctor as soon as possible. I am afraid dehydration leads to death.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
(female)

Tiacat HB User

Tiacat here (original poster) with a clarification.

Last week I finally saw a doctor after more then five years without medical care (a long story for another thread) and began my quest for a diagnosis.

Anyway he wanted me to fast for twelve hours and then take a blood test, I was allowed completely plain water only (not even water with electrolytes which is what I drink) but as you know I find that problematic so I neither ate nor drank then had a blood test. No one mentioned a urine sample so I uh took care of "nature's call" shortly prior to arrival at the office.

So now no food or water for 12 hours and they want me to pee again so I get forced to drink 5 cups of water. They told me it was filtered but who knows. I know my body fairly well and three cups was more then enough to make me feel totally hydrated but I dutifully drank two more and did produce thier sample, left, finally grabbed some food, and went into work.

Ended up feeling completely waterlogged, was peeing all day long, and had to keep a towel next to me to wipe my mouth because it just kept filling up with water. The um digested solids came out very watery also. This went on the entire day. It was very difficult to get any work done and while better I was still in hell the next day. Now here I am a week later, have drank and ate tons of other things and tried a new brand of water. Tasted good, seemed fine, only had half a cup and almost two hours and counting of someone squeeziing a virtual spounge inside my mouth. Another bottled water on my no list (sigh)

I keep trying to convince myself its a taste issue or all in my head, people look at me like I'm crazy or a snob but these reactions are physical (sigh)

Quincy - Reflux may be *part* of the issue. My mother has a hiatal hernia and after years of post-nasal drip I expect some sort of reflux is becoming an issue but I've had issues with water since childhood.

SJB - I didn't tell the doctor about my issue with water but my lifelong history of salt cravings, non-existant allergy testing, post-nasal drip, and resperatory problems is where I started the investigation with him...waiting for test results he was doubtful but wanted to measure cortisol levels. I'm not sure what else he is checking.

Daewood - This is a long standing issues. I love soup and get a lot of my hydration that way, also juice, fruit, veggies, fish, tea, coffee, pop. I eat a wide variety of foods. However I have learned to avoid ice in anything unless I know its source. I've learned to be careful with resterant tea, lemonaide, & fountain pop some of them can get me and occasionally a very watery soup is bad for me. However I have been known to litterally drink a good chicken broth as a beverage.

I hope all this information helps.

Tiacat

Old 03-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
(female)

Texa HB UserTexa HB User

I am wondering if you are allergic to Fluoride that's in the water?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texa For This Useful Post:
sjb (03-25-2011)
Old 03-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I would mention the extra saliva and stomach issue to the doctor. How many cups of fluid are taken in daily and related to this what are height and weight? A person can ask the town what company takes care of the water and avoid what chemicals are added.
Some chemicals in water can cause itching at least with some people. I would avoid fish and meat in case there is a parasite issue. I would avoid tea, coffee, sodas, pop as these are not healthy for the nervous system. If a water distiller is obtained and kept well cleaned and maintained and the container for catching the water is of glass and sterilizable or well cleaned with something that takes care of germs but fairly natural such as a frequent scrub and a lot of salt (without any aluminum) the distiller may help the water taste better.

Closed Thread