It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
(male)

cactusmancan HB User
Tingling in head

Hi, I have had a weird tingling feeling in my head under my scalp for the last week or so, there is not really any pain there just a feeling like there are bugs or something under my scalp, I had my wife check for bugs, but I am bug free. I did get these feelings before for very short periods of time, like minutes, but this time they have been there for about a week. My pressure was fine the last time I was at the doctors, and for the most part I am in pretty good health, I play hockey 2-3 times per week and work 5 days a week. Anyone have any idea as to what this may be? thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: Tingling in head

Are you having any other weird symptoms, maybe tingling in your hands?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
(male)

cactusmancan HB User

no for the most part the tingling is just in my head and sometimes in my cheek bone around the lower eye.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

I am probably way off base here, but the last person that I know who had those same symptoms was later diagnosed with MS.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

From what I have read it is usually associated with a migraine, but you say you have no pain. Have you had a virus recently? I'd mention it to your Dr. and have it checked out as it could be some sort of neuralgia.

Good luck, and best wishes...JJ....

Old 03-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi has a helmet been worn?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
(male)

cactusmancan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
From what I have read it is usually associated with a migraine, but you say you have no pain. Have you had a virus recently? I'd mention it to your Dr. and have it checked out as it could be some sort of neuralgia.

Good luck, and best wishes...JJ....
I did have a head and chest cold, conjestion about a week ago. but it seemed like it was all cleared up before this started.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
(male)

cactusmancan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny2020 View Post
I am probably way off base here, but the last person that I know who had those same symptoms was later diagnosed with MS.
No offence but I hope you are way off there lol. I will read up on MS to see if there is any other symptoms that I may be getting that I don't realize may be related to how I feel now.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi well if a helmet was worn with the hockey maybe pressure was put on a nerve?

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
JJ (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Do you ever get like a twitch in your eye? I've gotten that a few times and asked my Dr. about it. She told me it had something to do with maybe being nervous or very tired. It's very seldom so I just ignore it.

Like I said, could be the cold you had as for some reason this year it keeps coming back over and over again, just look at the cold/flu board. If it keeps up, do ask about some neuralgia test. As sjb said, maybe helmet pressure on a nerve?

Feel better, and best wishes...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (03-25-2011)
Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #11
(male)

cactusmancan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Do you ever get like a twitch in your eye? I've gotten that a few times and asked my Dr. about it. She told me it had something to do with maybe being nervous or very tired. It's very seldom so I just ignore it.

Like I said, could be the cold you had as for some reason this year it keeps coming back over and over again, just look at the cold/flu board. If it keeps up, do ask about some neuralgia test. As sjb said, maybe helmet pressure on a nerve?

Feel better, and best wishes...JJ...
When we play hockey its only floor hockey and we don't wear helmets, I do wear glasses that do put quiet a bit of pressure on the sides of my face though. And as for the twitching eye I do get that quiet a bit (for days at a time for the last few years) I did go to a natulralpath and she told me that the eye twiching was due to a lack of magnesium, Ihave been on nexxum for about 8 years now for a bad stomach and I am personally believing that the nexxum is slowing the absorbtion of magnesium, I drink lots of milk and eat a wide variety of fruits and vegatables, so I thionk I am getting enough magnesium in my diet but its just not being absorbed. I also was told by the naturalpath that the white marks that are in my fingernails are also a sign of low magnesium, and was getting magnesium shots and taking magnesium supplements, at first it seemed as if they were working then I was back to the same way I was before. Could this tingling feeling be that I am really low on magnesium? Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate seeing that there are people out there that care enough about other people that they are willing to put out what ever knowledge they have to help.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

If your glasses are putting pressure on the sides it's time to get them fixed. I had a frame once that did that and it gave me not only marks on the side of my face, but a mild headache. Went back to the eye Dr. and had him adjust them properly.

Have you had any blood work done recently to see if you are lacking some vitamins or minerals? Not familiar with those stomach acid things but you have been on the same one for 8 years, maybe time to try something else? Like you said, they could be slowing down absortion of certain things.

Only thing I seriously can say is to get some blood work done and see how your electrolites are doing and if you are in fact low on something. Do remember one thing, when you have a lot of mucus either from a cold or whatever...go very lightly on milk as it causes more mucus.

Yes there are a lot of great folks here that have no problem taking some time to try and give a suggestion to help someone. We all know we come here for a reason and for some answers if possible, I know I got plenty when I first came in 2000 due to horrid side effects from statins, so I am VERY grateful for the help I got.

Keep us posted what you find as we really do care...JJ..

Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

Hi is the B-12 level good? Have any of the other electrolyte levels been checked.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
(female)

Magsterma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmancan View Post
Hi, I have had a weird tingling feeling in my head under my scalp for the last week or so, there is not really any pain there just a feeling like there are bugs or something under my scalp, I had my wife check for bugs, but I am bug free. I did get these feelings before for very short periods of time, like minutes, but this time they have been there for about a week. My pressure was fine the last time I was at the doctors, and for the most part I am in pretty good health, I play hockey 2-3 times per week and work 5 days a week. Anyone have any idea as to what this may be? thanks.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #15
(female)

Magsterma HB User

Please consider this before it could get out of control:

Beleive you me, I know exactly what you mean. It's been 2 1/2 years for me. Been to Doctor that I've seen for 15 years, nothing..been twice to emergency room and they act as though you are crazy and tell you you need to see a psychiast. I went to see a dermatologist on 10/13/2011 and just knew he'd say the same thing. BUT he did'nt. It appears that I have a parasite inside me that's making these bugs come onto my head and live off of me (their host). Dermotologist gave me a script for (4) pills which you take all at the same time on empty stomach and with 8oz of water. Don't eat for an hour. Today is Sunday, Sept 25/2011 and lordy, at least 40-50 bugs have come off my washcloth this morning. Please go see a dermotoligist, it will change your life. I may have to take a 2nd dose because there is no way to tell how long I've had this parasite OR how I got it. Good Luck and Bless You. This has nothing to do with balding

The following user gives a hug of support to Magsterma:
Kneecoal79 (09-25-2011)
Closed Thread