It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
(male)

KazerTazer HB User
Headache, neckache, fever, nausea, dizziness, sore throat

So I've had the above symptoms, plus sensitivity to light and sound, coughing, and a runny nose.

I believe it's just a migraine combined with a cold, but my mom freaked out and thinks it's meningitis.

Haven't gone to see a doctor yet.
If nothing changes in a few days, then I'll go on like Saturday or Monday.

Any ideas?

If it helps, the sore throat's been around for a few days and I have asthma.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
(male)

cactusmancan HB User
Re: Headache, neckache, fever, nausea, dizziness, sore throat

A quick check for meningitis is to lay flat on your back and to lift your knees as far up towards your chest as you can, if there is any meningitis you will feel much discomfort in your upper back and for the most part not be able to get your knees up very far. This is a very basic check and you really should see a doctor, good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
(male)

KazerTazer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmancan View Post
A quick check for meningitis is to lay flat on your back and to lift your knees as far up towards your chest as you can, if there is any meningitis you will feel much discomfort in your upper back and for the most part not be able to get your knees up very far. This is a very basic check and you really should see a doctor, good luck.
I did not feel any discomfort in my upper back, but I couldn't get my knees up very far because I am not very flexible.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:25 AM   #4
(male)

cactusmancan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazerTazer View Post
I did not feel any discomfort in my upper back, but I couldn't get my knees up very far because I am not very flexible.
Well like I said this is a very general test that was shown to me by a local doctor for my son who had the same kinda symptoms that you describe, he said that if he did have meningitis that the pressure in his spine from the bending of the knees to the chest would make us all know that there was something wrong. Its good to know that you didn't feel any discomfort but you really should still get checked by a local gp. good luck and good health.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #5
(male)

KazerTazer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmancan View Post
Well like I said this is a very general test that was shown to me by a local doctor for my son who had the same kinda symptoms that you describe, he said that if he did have meningitis that the pressure in his spine from the bending of the knees to the chest would make us all know that there was something wrong. Its good to know that you didn't feel any discomfort but you really should still get checked by a local gp. good luck and good health.
Thank you.

Just an update: my fever's gone down, but not by that much.
The nausea was a lot worse this morning, but got better.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User

I didn't have a sore throat but everthing else I also had a few weeks ago. I had it for 2 1/2 weeks. I went to the doctor and had a cat scan done.It came back negative. My doctor gave me muscle relaxers for the headaches which helped. She said to come back if I don't get better or if it gets worse to go to the ER. I did get better, so I think it might of been a virus or some type infection, who knows. I hope you getter better soon.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #7
(female)

@arlene@ HB User

I think its best if you visit a doctor when you feel those kinds of symptoms. Its better to know whats the problem early before its too late.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
(male)

KazerTazer HB User

Thanks for your concerns, but the only remaining symptom is the sore throat, and that feels like it's on the way out.

Closed Thread