It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

misspaige HB User
Exclamation I was so sure it was hyperthyroidism.. help :(

Okay, so I just got back from the Dr. after getting my TSH test results back. She said they are normal, but I have an elevated white blood cell count. I was so sure I had figured out what had been wrong with me for as long as I can remember, and I feel like maybe there is more testing that can be done. I have an extensive medical history, but these are the symptoms I've had.

I am a 23 year old female, in good shape and I eat very very healthy.

-Elevated white blood cell count.

-For as long as I can remember, I've had hand tremors. I was tested for iron deficiency, and my levels were fine.

-I have an extremely fast resting heart rate.

-I have a severe intolerance to heat, and I sleep with my fan on and window open, 365 days a year. I am always hot when everyone else is cold.

-Just recently I have had extreme cases of vertigo, sometimes taking me to the floor. I was put on anti-vertigo medication, but it is not that effective and also makes me very sleepy.

-I have insomnia, and I am always having to take over the counter sleeping pills, otherwise I will not fall asleep until 7am.

-I am winded easily, despite being in shape.

-My hair is very straight and fine, but randomly I will develop these almost nappy patches of hair, completely kinked, as if it were African American hair. I will also randomly get very greasy hair at the crown of my head, that does not go away with washing. I had to attack it with dish detergent, mouth wash and baking soda to make it go away!

-I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 12

-I am ALWAYS thirsty and always have a water bottle with me.

-I have very fine hair that frequently falls out very easily.

-I sweat fairly easily.

-My skin is always itchy. This keeps my up at night because I am always having to scratch, or move.

-I have a strong light sensitivity.

-I always am bouncing my legs, or doing some other nervous tick.

-I can be extremely irritable, when I have no reason to be.

-I have tendinitis in my wrist (which was said to be connected to hyperthyroidism sometimes)

-Last year I had a 7mm kidney stone and spent 4 days in the hospital, and had a stent inserted between my kidney and bladder and as I said, I eat very healthy with a low salt intake and eat very little sugar.

-I always, always get sick when something is going around, and I always get it much worse than anybody else. A cold will turn into pneumonia, which I was hospitalized for 2 weeks for when I was 11, an ear infection got so severe I was hospitalized and put on antibiotics.

-I get recurring ovarian cysts. I went to the hospital for the first one, but I now just stay home and curl into a ball until it stops hurting.

-The skin of my face is always dry and peeling despite any amount of lotion.

-I constantly feel bloated.

-My feet and hands are ALWAYS freezing cold, my feet more so then my hands, but despite that, I always feel too hot. When I get too hot, I NEED to change the temperature immediately, or I will freak out. Everybody calls me a penguin

-I have frequent yeast infections, and cuts and scratches take a very long time to heal.

-My lips are always dry and chapped.

-Constant dry mouth.

-I can go through bouts of extreme hunger, and getting hungry an hour after eatting a whole meal.

-My eyes are constantly red and feel gritty and irritated.

-I get gas pains very frequently.

-Frequent bowel movements.

I know this is a lot, but these symptoms really reduce my quality of life I just want to know what it is so I can do something about it. I take all my vitamins, I eat very healthy and am very aware of everything I put on and in my body. I do take Dexadrine for my ADD, but most of these symptoms were present before I started taking it, and they persist even when I don't take them for months. Please please please, give me any thoughts or suggestions or ideas. I am going to go back to a different doctor to ask exactly what my TSH level was, and if there is anyway that I could still have hyperthyroidism without low TSH levels. I've thought that it may be diabetes? I have a glucose meter because I am going to school to be a Medical Assistant, and we were given one. My fasting blood glucose level was 4.9 and I am going to test again in an hour, for my after meal blood glucose level.

Please, any thoughts or suggestions would help greatly. I really just want to be normal! Thank you so much if you took the time to read all of this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: I was so sure it was hyperthyroidism.. help :(

Hi Those with kidney difficulties often have difficulty with itching and retained fluid. The more the medicines are done the more difficulty the kidneys will have keeping up and the worse the body will eventually feel.

There is an insomnia thread in these boards called fatal insomnia that has tips in it for sleep if desired.

I would like to know if the teeth are in good shape and if the food is chewed to a cream consistency if it is ok.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: I was so sure it was hyperthyroidism.. help :(

Have you ever had your ANA tested for autoimmune diseases? Sjogren's Syndrome testing?

Closed Thread