It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

ettaterrell1975 HB User
Fever days after right side pain

Last week I was having some bad pains in my right upper side, it lasted for about 5 days. Everytime I eat I hurt, sometimes with out eating but eating did make it worse. This week I went to the doc. to get meds refilled and they said I was running fever. I explained what had happen the week before but that I didn't really hurt now. He sent me for sonagram of gallbladder and no stones were found, now he has me going for a hida scan in 4 days. I've been running a fever for 6 days now, it is low grade 99.2 - 99.7. This morning I woke up with green diaharea. Oh I don't know if this relates or not but about 6 mo. ago I started breaking out in hives, huge welts that itch like crazy all over my body!! Doc. then said it was histimens and give me meds (never had allergies) Now he thinks it could be realted to fever... any ideas? Thanks

Old 03-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Fever days after right side pain

Definitely sounds like you have gallbladder issues. The fever or allergies could have brought on the hives. Did the antihistamines help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Have you eaten anything that would make you sick? Sometimes Salmenella will cause green/Diarrhea stools. Also sometimes food is moving through the large intestine too quickly, which also will cause diarrhea. As a result, bile doesn't have time to break down completely. Even though there weren't any stones it still could be a gallbladder problem.

Did your Dr. do a complete CBC to see if your white count is up as they usually indicates an infection. Hopefully it is nothing serious and they can get to the bottom of the problem.

Keep us posted what they find, and good luck...JJ...

Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
(female)

ettaterrell1975 HB User

fever just started 6 days ago and hives started 6 mo. ago, yes the meds does help the hives but if I dont take one day I'm covered again in them.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
(female)

ettaterrell1975 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Have you eaten anything that would make you sick? Sometimes Salmenella will cause green/Diarrhea stools. Also sometimes food is moving through the large intestine too quickly, which also will cause diarrhea. As a result, bile doesn't have time to break down completely. Even though there weren't any stones it still could be a gallbladder problem.

Did your Dr. do a complete CBC to see if your white count is up as they usually indicates an infection. Hopefully it is nothing serious and they can get to the bottom of the problem.

Keep us posted what they find, and good luck...JJ...

No I don't think it's food related, I feel fine didn't even know I had a fever, and oddly no he didn't do a cbc he just sent me for sonagram and now to hida scan. I didn't know if the green poo could have been gallbladder related. besides fever and head ache I feel normal. I will keep you posted JJ thanks.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

It could still be gallbladder issues. Usually a CBC will show infection but it sounds like your Dr. is sending you for tests to get to the bottom of it. Yes, I would appreciate an update to see just what is going on, and hopefully things are ok.

Take care....JJ...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
(female)

ettaterrell1975 HB User

Just giving an update, went and had hida scan and it came back clear. Still running fever staying between 99.4 - 99.9. Doc. is running blood work should have results today. Will keep posting.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I had to actually look up Hida scan as I had no idea what it was, but glad it came back clear. Hopefully your blood work will either show something easily treated or good. I know you don't want anything serious to show up, but you would like an answer. Keeping my fingers crossed it's good news.

Thanks for keeping us updated, and good luck...JJ..

Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
(female)

ettaterrell1975 HB User

Update: Blood work came back normal! What in the world could cause a fever for this long almost 3 weeks (99.4 - 99.9) with normal blood work. Didn't get to talk to the doc. nurse just called and left message saying it was good. I'm just going to give it a few weeks and see if it goes away or starts getting higher. Will keep posting updates.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
(female)

nicolezurcher HB User

have them check ur apendix. I have no gullbladder at all the hydascan is easy to deal with but very anoying. right now i am having pains in my right side again and waiting to go to the dr. The green diareah i would think that it might be one of the two doing it because ur gullbladder produces bile which is a yellow greenish color but i heard you get a fever with your apendix best of luck

Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
(female)

MSHekele HB User

Hey

I just wanted to let you know it sounds just like when I had gall bladder issues. Except I was vomiting. Not so much of the poopies. I also had a hyda scan done and all my test came back negative. I was also running a fever. I ended up loosing 30 pounds and dealt with the pain and everything for 3 months, numerous trips to the Er. Finally begged a surgeon to take it out. He was hesitant. After the surgery he said it was one of the worst gall bladders he had ever seen. Full of stones and sludge and even adhesion's on the outside where it was attaching to other things. Could not believe that nothing ever showed up on any of the test. So I am just saying their test are not always right. Hope you can get it figured out soon. I also had my appendix out even then did not show signs just low grade temp and right side pain. Finally my WBC shot up and they figured out it was my appendix.

Closed Thread