It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
(female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User
Exclamation Heart Rate- could this cause my dizziness

Hi everyone, for a few years i've had a problem off and on with standing up and 'greying out' which is where my vision darkens, i get dizzy, nauseated, and my heart feels like it's racing. its really weird and scary. if i dont sit down during these episodes im convinced i would pass out. its mainly if im sick with someting and some times i have alot of episodes and there bad and sometimes i just have a few that are milder and sometimes i dont have any at all for a while. I decided to take my blood pressure while sitting then while sstanding and see what it said these are the results.
resting
120/72, pulse of 81

i stood up and took it, this is what it was then
128/92, pulse of 121

is that significant enough to cause those types of problems? I know for alot of people low bp causes it and mine wasnt low, it was a little elevated after i stood. I was just wondering about the heart rate. All i did was stand up.
Thanks!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Heart Rate- could this cause my dizziness

That is a bit high for just standing up but did you get up suddently or gradually? Your BPs bottom number is a bit high as well. Have you been checked out by your Dr. for this and also sugar levels?

You said it happens mostly if your sick with something which could be a bit of dehydration if your not taking in enough fluids. I know if I get a sinus issue or even Diarrhea I get a very fast heart rate and was told it is mostly due to being dehyrated. Next visit with your Dr. I would mention it and get his/her opinion.

Have a great day....JJ...

Last edited by JJ; 03-27-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
(female)

it was just standing up normally. I forgot to clarify that it's worse when im sick, but no matter what, when i stand up or sit up my heart rate goes up high. and yeah i've been checked for all that, sugar and everything is normal and my bp is always perfect at resting. Just when i stand up my heart rate increases and alot of times i have symptoms.ill mention it to doctor next time im there which will no doubt be soon.
I was wondering if it could be mild POTs becasue it lines up with alot of my problems that i have not just the dizziness, near passing out stuff... i'll mention it the numbers and symptoms to dr. Thanks

Old 03-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

I just did a search on Pots and it sure sounds like what your experiencing as it does say it is worse if your ill. I'll be honest, I never heard of it but after reading it, sounds like you know. Do mention it to your Dr.

Take care...JJ...

Old 03-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
(female)

mwhite14 HB User

Hi,

My name is Michelle. I have had this same problem for over 5 years and just recently went in to see a cardiologist. I was diagnosed with POTS. They did a TON of tests and I was on two different heart monitors and they have put me on the medicine Propranolol which seems to be working to cut back on the amount of episodes I get. I actually have to go back to the cardiologist to have more tests done because I appear to have another heart condition that was being masked by the syndrome that I had. I know how scary it can be to think that you are going to pass out at a moments notice and believe me it is not normal. You should definitely go see a doctor because there could be way more damage than you think. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by mwhite14; 03-27-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
(female)

Hi everyone thanks for the replies. The more i read about it the more i think i might have it. ive also been having GI problems and i read that can be be associated with it also. I'm definately gonna talk to the drs about this. if i do have it i want to be treated because im afraid of what damage it could do and im ready to feel normal again.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
(female)

to anyone who may see this now...
ALOT had been happening since i made this post. I had to have my appendix removed the end of may. I had appendicitis for 5+ months....im a freak of nature i guess.
My heart rate and blood pressures have been terrible. My bps have been down in the 60s/50s and last night it was 57/43. My heart rate was 140. My doctor has decided to send me to a cardiologist at Vanderbilt university on July 22nd...
the journey continues.

Closed Thread