It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
(male)

Mattyy HB User
Weird symptoms

Hi everyone. I have been having these weird symptoms for the past week.

Every morning when i wake up and through out the day i feel very nauseous and i get cold chills and sometimes rapid heartbeats. This morning my stomach was burning and i had diarrhea and i was a little weak. This same thing has been happening everyday off and on for the past week. Sometimes when i wake up i'm fine but then it hits me out of no where. Sometimes i get real dizzy especially when i lay down. Whenever i get like this i have no appetite but later in the day i get it back. I haven't been taking my prilosec much but i don't know if i could be from that. Also when i get like this sometimes i get a sour taste in my mouth and its hard to swallow food. My brother thinks it could be from anxiety because he has it but i don't think so. Does anyone know what this could be? I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist but that's a month away. Please reply, thanks.

Last edited by Mattyy; 03-27-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Weird symptoms

There is a nasty stomach bug going around so do you think it could be that? Maybe you should go back on the Prilosec as you could have Acid Reflux.

The feeling of weak could be from the Diarrhea as you might be dehyrated. Get a lot of fluids into yourself and eat kind of light for a few days. Your Electrolites might be off as well. I would wait till you see the GI Dr. before stopping your meds. as he/she might want to change them or have you continue. Don't try to diagnose yourself at this point, wait for a Drs. opinion.

When I get Diarrhea I get dehyrated and also get that weak and dizzy feeling plus the rapid HR. Try some gingerale, it usually helps me.

Feel better...JJ...

Last edited by JJ; 03-27-2011 at 10:28 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Mattyy (03-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

Texa HB UserTexa HB User

Have you had your blood sugar tested recently? When my blood sugar gets too low I feel nauseous and my heart beats fast, but I get hot and sweaty.. some people get cold chills.

Lay off the oily fried foods for a while and see if that helps the tummy issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texa For This Useful Post:
JJ (03-27-2011), Mattyy (03-27-2011)
Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
(male)

Mattyy HB User

JJ - I took 2 of them earlier. It helped my stomach a little so i'm happy about that. The reason i quit taking them is because i thought that's what was making me weak but it wasn't.

Texa - Yeah i got it tested not to long ago. The doctor said it was a little high but nothing to worry about. Ive been eating a lot of oily foods lately so i'll try to stay away from them until i'm better.

Right now i feel fine but i know im going to feel this again later

Old 03-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Hang in there Mattyy. Glad you took the meds. and feeling better. I agree, stay off the fatty foods it sure won't help. I think it is the just not feeling well and maybe some dehyration that is making you feel weak.

I meant to ask about the sugar too, but glad Texa did. I don't know if you have a meter or not, or maybe know someone with one but it wouldn't hurt to check to see if when you feel weak that your levels aren't a bit low. Got to cover all the bases kiddo.

Take care....JJ....

Old 03-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
(male)

Mattyy HB User

I have a sore throat right now. Last night it hit me out of no where. I can barely swallow because it hurts so much.
I took some pain relief and it helped my throat a little but now i feel sick because i took it on an empty stomach.

Last edited by Mattyy; 03-30-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope your not coming down with something. About 3 weeks ago hubby started with the raw throat and suffed nose and it lasted for over 2 weeks especially the cough. I swear I was ready to take him down to the VA ER with that cough, man it was brutal.

Luckily he is ok now but I really thought he had Bronchitis. Hopefully you feel a lot better but if not maybe a trip to the Dr. is in order to make sure you don't have an infection. There really is a nasty upper respiratory thing going around. Make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids for now.

Feel better....JJ...

Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
(male)

Mattyy HB User

Yeah, i think i caught something from school because theres a stomach bug going around there . My throat feels a lot better then it did this morning. I guess i just needed to drink something. I forgot to mention earlier that it feels like snot or something is running down the back of my throat and i have to keep clearing it.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah...tell me about it. Man what a wacky year for colds and the fool things don't want to leave. What your feeling is probably post nasal drip, I get it a lot. As long as your not running a fever just try to stay warm, drink PLENTY of liquids and pray it goes. Hubby's cough was making us nuts for almost 3 weeks. Poor guy was exhausted just from coughing, but he was smart and stayed in bed as much as possible.

4 years ago he got the flu really bad and kept ignoring it till it landed him in the hospital. On top of that he got that MRSA virus..whoa, what a nightmare that was...

Feeel better kiddo...JJ...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
(male)

Mattyy HB User

Thanks, I'm glad he got better

Today i have been doing kind of better and kind of worse. When i woke up a had a headache but it eventually wen't away after an hour or 2. My throat doesen't really hurt anymore but it feels like it burns or something in the lower part when i swallow or clear it. After i ate about 2 hours later it felt like my stomach had air in it and i felt kind of nauseous. I've been sucking on throat drops but it doesen't seem to help it that much.

Now it feels like i'm getting a headache in my left temple right above my left jaw. I'm kind of dizzy and it feels like theres pressure on my left eye bone.

Last edited by Mattyy; 03-31-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well just make sure you get enough rest etc. so you can knock it out of yourself. Seems everyone around here says the same thing, feel good for a couple of days, then not so good. Maybe the headache is sinus??

I know today I woke up kind of plugged up but know it is our wacky cold weather. If spring would get here so we don't have to have the heat on all the time I know we would feel better. This is the worst winter, it just won't go away so obviously people are hanging on to their colds. Maybe some gingerale might help the stomach, it does help mine when I feel a bit out of wack.

You take care of yourself and feel better...JJ..

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Mattyy (03-31-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #12
(male)

Mattyy HB User

I have been getting a lot worse. Today i woke up coughing with a headache and runny nose which i still have. I've been feeling dizzy to and when i cough my lower left side hurts in the same place it did when i was sick last month. I also have a yellow tongue that my friends noticed last night. I've been trying to sleep but it's hard to go to sleep because it feels like theirs pressure behind my eyes. Could this be just be a cold or something worse?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Time for a visit to the Dr. for you as this should be winding down..not getting worse. The yellow tongue thing could be associated with elevated body temperature..inflammation and infection..or even gastrointestinal dysfunction.

Definately time to stop trying to diagnose yourself and see a Dr. for treatment before you get so run down it is pathedic. Yes I have still have the off and on cold thing going on, but it's getting better, yours is getting worse.

Please make a Drs. appt. and get back up on your feet.

Keep me posted...JJ...

Old 04-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
(male)

Mattyy HB User

I'm trying to get in their sooner but they don't have any open spots. Their going to let me know when someone cancels so i can have their spot.

Just now after i used the bathroom, near my left side under my belly button started hurting and cramping. When i bend over i don't really feel the pain but when i sit up straight it hurts worse. It feels like i have to use the bathroom but when i try to go i can't. My lower stomach has been burning a lot lately too and i've been feeling nauseous.

Last edited by Mattyy; 04-06-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Let's hope there is a cancellation and you get in earlier. There is still a nasty stomach bug going around, it just seems to want to be your friend forever.

I had to go to a meeting today and one lady had the stomach bug on and off for 3 weeks, now she has the plugged up nose. What a crazy virus whatever it is.

Feel better...JJ...

Closed Thread