It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
(male)

irishdave HB User
Chest/Heart pains ... Uncomfortable feelings.

Iím a 26 year old male, 6ft 2Ē and 14st 6ibs. For about the past 2-3 months I have been getting an uncomfortable feeling in my chest around my heart area. It doesnít feel like a tightness or a heavy weight, just uncomfortable. I also get Sharpe shooting pains in the same area that maybe lasts about 2-3seconds. It never hurts when I breath in or twist from side to side etc but over the past week I have been woken up with this Sharpe pain again only lasting 2-3 secs.

My diet is pretty decent and I go to the gym 3times per week doing moderate workouts. I would drink about 1 can of energy drinks per week if even. I never really feel out of breath but do feel tired quite often but again nothing drastic.

Also sometimes I get a strange light/dizzy feeling that last about 2-3 seconds and this normally happens once or twice a day.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
(male)

irishdave HB User
Re: Chest/Heart pains ... Uncomfortable feelings.

Folks I'd really appreciate any thoughts or ideas at all.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

When was the last time you had a good physical? My husband had some very slight pressure in his chest and what he described as indigestion in Nov. He thought it was his cold. When it didn't get better I took him to the VA ER on a sunday morning.

They did blood work..EKG...chest X-ray and all came back fine. They did admit him as they wanted to do a stress test on monday morning. During the night his Toponin level went up so they skipped the stress test and did an Angioplasty and put in 2 stents as he had a blocked artery.

Just telling you this as I feel any discomfort associated with the chest should be investigated ASAP. Don't mess around, no matter how fit you are or your young age. You also could have Acid Reflux or a digestive problem.

Take care...JJ...

Last edited by JJ; 03-28-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
(male)

irishdave HB User

Thank you for your reply.

I've never actually had a health check but intend to have one in the next week or so as this problem has come up.

I do tend to get a slight indigestion/heartburn type feeling at the bottom of my throat sometimes.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Your very welcome and please do get a good checkup.

Best wishes...JJ...

Old 04-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
(male)

Terry K HB User

I have had similar symptoms of this in the past myself..
Are you under any particular amount of stress at the moment for any reason find yourself particularly worried about certain things?
If so, it may be anxiety. I have suffered from this multiple times over the past 10 years & have had symptoms of sharp shooting pains in my chest during these times

Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
(female)

heatherx0x HB User

This could be completely off, but I have that with panic attacks. Sometimes people don't even realize they're having them. It's often accompanied by stress in your life in general.

I would seek professional help asap. It could just be some built up gas or anxiety issues...but it beats the possibility of dying of a heart attack.

Check your blood pressure once or twice per day for a week. This could be a blood pressure problem. (Or even hormones).

God there are endless possibilities.

I would just go ahead and go to the doctor. If you notice anything else abnormal, mention that as well.

Good luck!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
(male)

irishdave HB User

Hi folks ...

I went to the doctor last week for a check up because of this and got blood tests done, blood pressure checked & an ECG (I think thats right) done. All ok and 100% normal. My weight etc are all good and my chest, pulse and heart all sounded great.

He put this down to a muscle pain that will clear itself in a few days/weeks and it has already.

The thing that he said made him think it wasn't serious was that I wasn't getting pain while doing exercise and that the pain only last a second or two and it didnt make me catch my breath.

Last edited by irishdave; 04-14-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glad you got a good checkup. Sometimes you will get chest pains with what they call a chest muscle wall pull. Usually if you press on the area it might be tender.

Thanks for the update, and best of wishes...JJ...

Last edited by JJ; 04-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
irishdave (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
(male)

irishdave HB User

JJ thats the exact thing the doctor said it was. I do weights etc ... chest dumbbell pressing & bench pressing so I put it down to that.

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well it dawned on me many years ago I had some slight chest pains and thought I pulled a muscle. It stuck around for about a week but nothing for me to feel alarmed about. When I went to the Dr. she told me something about a chest wall soreness.

I'm old, so it took me awhile to remember it...

Glad your feeling much better and VERY glad you got a checkup.

Enjoy your day...JJ...

Old 07-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
(male)

irishdave HB User

Hi again folks! As you can see a few months has passed since I got this situation looked at and now unfortunately things have become slightly worse in that the symptoms I talked about have now went from happening 1-2 per week to 3-4 times a DAY! Also notice slight pain when I jog and just after I finish, normally lasting a few seconds and isnt sever pain. Like a nip!

Time to go back to the doctor and put pressure on them to figure this out. Maybe a good thing to point out is that I get no pain, numbness or pins & needles feeling in my left arm nor do I seem to having breathing problems. Also the pain I was feeling was like a sharp shooting pain its now more a heavy tired pain or sometimes similar to the pain you get when you take a stitch in your side while running

Last edited by irishdave; 07-15-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #13
(male)

irishdave HB User

I have nothing in my left arm etc and I read online the is tons of reasons that this may happen??

Either way Im still going to get it looked at. Should say to that the pain rating from 1-10 would be about 2

Old 07-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
(male)

irishdave HB User

Hi again folks! God this is an awful situation. Went to A&E this eve to get this checked out but after 4hours of not being seen and 7 people in front of me I left and Have an appointment with my GP later this week. I have been reading up on 'muscoskeleta' .... anyone know much about this?

The picture shows where my pain is, rated at about 2/10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chest-anatomy (Small).jpg (46.4 KB, 1 views)

Old 07-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
(male)

irishdave HB User

Hi folks. For anyone following this I think I can now end it.

I went to my gp today who then sent me to a&e and after a 6hour wait I finally got seen. I do actually happen to have a sore muscle on the left side of my chest at the side, just over a rib. A physio sessions should cure this.

I got blood tests, EPG and all other normall test which all came back good. I cant remember the correct name but the doctor explain that around the top of your lungs you have a gel/muckas which sometimes this gets slightly blocked in your airwaves which can cause a build up and cause pressure which cause the sharp stabbing pain. The reason this pain only lasts a few seconds is because your body is able to break it up and move it on. This also explains the feeling of being short of breath. The doctor maybe then thought I might be in the early stages of a collapsed lung but the xray confirmed everything is ok.

One other thing is then sometimes when I eat I get a feeling of the food sticking which is also caused by the above.

In general I have no serious health issues and my heart, blood pressure etc is all good.

Thanks to everyone who gave their views in this thread

Closed Thread