It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

hayleylsl HB User
Long term effects of a PE

I hope someone can advise me...

I'm 31 years old non smoker from the UK. Last year i was in a leg plaster which i needed because i had severed my achilles tendon. Unfortuantly i ended up with a "massive" blood clot in my left leg, and developed a DVT in that leg.

I then had further tests, and it was found that i did indeed have a PE. I was immediatly taken out of the plaster and admitted to Selly Oak hospital in Birmingham.

My treatment consisted of daily Clexane injections after i had stabilised on the ward, and i went to my mums house as i couldn't do anything for myself at first. I took the Clexane injections for 8 months- and i was doing pretty well so the doctor said i could come off it.

I have often wondered why i wasn't put on Warfarin- as a treatment or as a preventive drug.

Now, my problem is this: I have asthma but it had always been pretty mild, requiring occasional puffs on my ventolin inhalor. However, these last couple of months things have really gone downhill. I visited my doctor, who prescribed me Predisilone steroid tab (30mg a day) They havent really done anything. My chest feels tight and i get out of breath easily. I dont smoke- i have never smoked it just happens if i exhert myself. I have occasionaly been getting a pain in the centre of my chest. It's not there all the time- and it tends to be in the evening i notice it. I feel tight chested the majority of the time.

I was wondering if these symptoms could be related to the PE i had and if i have got lung damage. I did google it, but nothing much came up- it was about books more than anything!

I hate to bother my GP- i have mental health problems and it seems like i am always there for one thing or the other...

I know nobody here is a doctor- but i really could do with some advice.

Oh, my peak flow has been around 250- it doesnt really change and has been like that for a bit

Again thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread