It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
(male)

ziggy4477 HB User
Painful Ears

I'm writing this for a friend who has a problem no one seems to be able to help. Parts of his ears become discolored, usually dark purple to almost black and he says it very painful and extreamly painful to touch. He has been to his GP and to an ENT. He's had biopsies taken and they come back negative. This condition comes and goes. No one seems to know what it is or what is causing it. Any ideas out there?
Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Painful Ears

Hi is he skinny?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
(male)

ziggy4477 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi is he skinny?
Yeah, He is pretty skinny.
Does that mean something?
Thanks

Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi well I read something in a book about a skinny person and black skin (but not the statements below it mentioned the connection between the two).

If this person is underweight perhaps benefit may occur with a normal weight.
Also efforts to increase circulation with brisk walking, water and foods containing the B vitamins such as niacin might be useful. I am not sure the factory made vitamins are that great according to a couple sources I read about.
Some of these foods might be spelt, asparagus, peanuts (no hydrogenations or additives), green peas, winter squash, summer squash, collard greens, carrots, broccoli, spinach, fresh raspberries, canteloupe, rice bran, green vegetables, sunflower seed, whole wheat products(without additives),Wheat germ, and green snap string beans. Romaine lettuce, red tomato, boiled eggplant, fennel, turnip greens, boiled chard, cauliflower, and Kale may have a bit less but might still be useful.
These foods may also increase the temperature of the skin. Is the skin on the ears cooler?

Are there any other symptoms?

Last edited by sjb; 04-03-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: clarification

Closed Thread