It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

Jessikat HB User
Bad pain please help

Hiya i have had a lump on my earlobe for about 3month it got really hard then it got really big and full of pus and i sueezed it and loads of blood and pus came out i cleaned it then it went down and i thought that was the last of it. It came back it started of hard again with a big white centre ive tried sueezin it but the skins to thick, it was giving me ad pain last night down the left side of my face ( its my left ear where this is happening ) and i went to sleep thinking it was my wisdom teeth ( which are comin through ) then i woke up this morning and i was in agony so i went to the docs at first he thought it was a build up of wax that was causing the pain then i showed him the lump and he said it was a infected abscess and it was that not the wax that was causing me the pain. He give me some strong anti-biotics and sent me home and told me to clean it with warm water, i have took my first tablet and some iburephen i feel really tired for some reason but i cant sleep because the pain from the abcess is unbelevable i don't know what else i can do i have took tablets and they don't seem to be working, Has anyone else ever had this? is there anything i can do to ease the pain abit?
Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jessikat:
sjb (04-04-2011)
Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Bad pain please help

Hi I would be asking the doctor if it is ok to use an ice pack or heating pad to tolerance. If there is an abscess under the tooth though by now because it traveled the heat or cold might increase pain under the closed space. If it is not under the tooth it might relieve pain. As usual everyone takes their own health choices with their own responsibility for what they do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

Jessikat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi I would be asking the doctor if it is ok to use an ice pack or heating pad to tolerance. If there is an abscess under the tooth though by now because it traveled the heat or cold might increase pain under the closed space. If it is not under the tooth it might relieve pain. As usual everyone takes their own health choices with their own responsibility for what they do.
it's not my teeth thats the pain, the abcess is on my earlobe. Its giving my pain on my ear & down the left side of my face.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi yes I would ask the doctor for permission and probably try the heat or cold after being on antibiotics 24 hours at least.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

Jessikat HB User

Quote:
Hi yes I would ask the doctor for permission and probably try the heat or cold after being on antibiotics 24 hours at least.
Ok thanks i will ring up and ask tommoro, is there anything i can do now though? because its making me want to cry i cant sleep or anything
it sorta feels like a stabbing/burning pain

The following user gives a hug of support to Jessikat:
sjb (04-04-2011)
Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi I don't really understand why he cannot be asked today.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
(female)

Jessikat HB User

Quote:
Hi I don't really understand why he cannot be asked today.
i thought you said wait until i have waited 24hrs after i first start taking tablet i only started taking them today sorry im just a bit wierd atm i didn't understand what u meant x

Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi he could be asked today. The reason one might wait 24 hours after the first antibiotic pill to do the hot or the cold is that there is a possiblility in theory that the bacteria can travel in blood vessels which have been infected and these need taking care of before blood vessels are dilated with temperature changes. However in general the cold and heat help the white blood cells to eat bacteria better and the blood brings in nutrition and takes away waste and may in the end be beneficial to help end the infection.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

How many of the pain meds. have you taken? I'd hold off on putting anything on it just yet, let the antibiotics get into your system like sjb said. Maybe you could call and ask if the Dr. can prescribe some other pain med. if the one your taking isn't working. As far as the abscess, that unfortunately is going to take a few days to calm down. When my husband had an abscessed tooth his Dr. gave him a pain med. to take along with the antibiotic.

Hopefully you get some rest and feel better..JJ..

Closed Thread