It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
(male)

davidj18224 HB User
Question Coughing White Phlegm

This has been going on a while, quite a while..I DO have 3 cats, I cough quite a bit...Yesterday I had a chest X Ray which I believe showed nothing..My condition also apparently gets set off by hot coffee, when I go in my attic to work out, carpets do need sweeping..

Also, if I take something cold like frozen orange juice. Believe it or not also in the bath tub.

I am like many with out health insurance and I am quite confused, any thoughts or ideas here?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Coughing White Phlem

Hi I agree with the other poster about cutting out all dairy. I think the other thing that can be done also is to drink more liquid so the phlegm becomes thinner and easier to come out.
I would use a bit more fresh citrus such as lemon and grapefruit in case there is a minor infection present.
I would not use coffee anymore. A vacuum cleaner might remove a bit of dust in case there is allergy. Steam from the bathtub probably loosens the phlem that was in there so that it comes up more easily some people deliberately inhale steam with a drop or two of eucalyptus in steam to help with coughs. They put a pan of water on to simmer turn it off then put a towel around it after the drops are put in and carefully slowly inhale. One must be careful not to burn the face or lungs with that though it must not be too hot. Of course everyone makes their own health choices in life. Some hospitals in this area at least carry insurance for the poor sponsored by the state.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
davidj18224 (04-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
(male)

davidj18224 HB User

Thank you so much for the reply...Apparenly you have some good points, I would have a very tough time quitting coffee. The PLUSE is that my chest x ray came out negative...People say if its white phlem dont really worry....you seemed to really nail down some points about the bath tub, ect...its wierd going through this and yes I have pets...I dont know if they might be the real cause of this .

Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi a heating pad on the chest 20 minutes followed by an ice cube 30 seconds and towels to dry might be useful to clear away any possible bacteria that are making the white blood cells which are a part of white phlegm usually. The treatment should be followed by sleeping for the night or at least rest for an hour. If the rest for an hour cannot be done then I would not bother because apparently if the rest part is not done it can make it worse according to some sources.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
(male)

davidj18224 HB User
Question Re: Coughing White Phlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi a heating pad on the chest 20 minutes followed by an ice cube 30 seconds and towels to dry might be useful to clear away any possible bacteria that are making the white blood cells which are a part of white phlegm usually. The treatment should be followed by sleeping for the night or at least rest for an hour. If the rest for an hour cannot be done then I would not bother because apparently if the rest part is not done it can make it worse according to some sources.
------------------

Well if my chest X Ray shows nothing ...is it safe to say its allergy? Cases like this is musinex or clairtin a viable option?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi I would not go so far as to say that it is for sure. As for the substances I would stay away from most unnatural things.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
(male)

davidj18224 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi I would not go so far as to say that it is for sure. As for the substances I would stay away from most unnatural things.

Now your scaring me again, but THANK YOU, I wonder if ashmea or an allergy can make you cough daily...Today is not bad with muscinex, I have no weasing or shortness of breatth what so ever.

Closed Thread