It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
(male)

lostsoul62 HB User
Bloating

I have a lot of bloating because I have a lot of stress and depression. If I snack I have more bloating. I don't have bloating and hunger at the same time. So I figure cut out the junk food and only eat 3 times a day but not until I'm stuff unless it's breakfast I guess. I have juice in the morning and 30 minutes before bed a couple of crackers with a little rice milk of about 100 calories. By the time I go to bed tonight my bloating should be down quit a bit because I'm not eating anything. Does this sound like a good plan because I'm bloated tonight so I can't eat dinner but I'm not hungry either?

Last edited by lostsoul62; 04-06-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
(female)

Texa HB UserTexa HB User
Re: Bloating

You should try cinnamon for bloating. When I feel bloated I take a teaspoon or so of cinnamon with some water. Helps the bloating every time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Hmm if I were having juice and crackers, that would MAKE me bloated! Each of our bodies are different of course, but I know many people who get bloated from juice and too many carbohydrates in foods like crackers, bread, and pasta, especially if that is mostly what you are eating throughout the day.

I find it very helpful to try to drink lots of water. You can even squeeze a little bit of lemon in your water. Juice has a lot of sugar in it, even natural juices, and that could possibly make you bloated. Make sure you are eating something that has protein in it. I find that eating lean protein, like grilled chicken, and and fresh fruits and veggies helps me feel less bloated. After I eat cereal, bread, or other grains, I typically feel a little bit bloated afterwards. I also get that way with certain fruits and vegetables, so I typically eat the ones that don't bother me. I eat a lot of berries and like to snack on salad, carrots, and tomatoes. Try to see how you feel after eating and avoid the foods that are bothering you, at least until you can get things under control.

Also, I find that it helps me to do some kind of light exercise like walking, pilates, or yoga when I'm bloated. It helps me feel better without being too vigorous and making me feel worse. It will also be great for your stress and depression! Although I still have my bad days, I struggled with depression in the past and exercise really helped me clear my mind once I finally pushed myself and made myself do it.

It sounds like you are wanting something to help you in a short period of time since you mentioned doing something today to help with the bloating... I have done this too... if I need a quick fix, I typically make a protein shake with skim milk (I have to get lactose free), protein powder, plus berries and blend it up, and drink that for my meals. Or I'll have salads with grilled chicken. Overall, I avoid too many carbs since that's usually what made me feel bloated in the first place. Then I drink lots of water, no juice, soda, etc. Also, avoid having a lot of salty foods.

Hope the bloating goes down soon!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi bloating can be caused by either carbon dioxide output from bacteria or water (ascites from liver problems a professional could tell which) If it is from bacteria, one would need to avoid the sweets and dairy products to lessen this. If juice is used it aught to be made fresh from the real food and perhaps only a small amount in the evening meal. I would not use crackers with baking soda since that lessens hydrochloric acid and the ability of the stomach to take care of too many bacteria. I would eat plenty of vegetables some unsweetened fresh low sugar fruits, whole grains and a spare amount of nuts.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

^I agree, but I notice that I definitely have to watch my portions of whole grains, because if I eat plenty of them (whole wheat bread, pasta, brown rice), they bloat me a lot. Eating them in moderation (just ONE piece of bread and make an open sandwich for example, or just a side of rice or pasta, not the main part of the meal) really works for me!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
(female)

tealotv HB User

I initially came to this board for a similar issue...I'm bloated and exhausted after every meal, no matter what it is! It carries over into the next day, often. Right now, at 6am, my normally flat tummy is so bloated I look like I'm in my sixth month! I used to jokingly call it my "food baby" but now I don't find it amusing. If I don't eat, I don't bloat and I feel fine, but one cannot live without eating! Hopefully one of us will find an answer to share!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi if the health of the stomach is worked on it may eventually help get rid of the bacteria. A little lemon in water and maybe as much as 1/2 teaspoon salt a day total including that in the food may be useful. Proper water intake needs to be observed.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I seemed to have a much more sensitive stomach in the past and would get bloated from many more foods, even those that I consider to be "safe" foods for me now. Now I do well without too much salt, breads, starches, and grains, and certain vegetables. It's very possible to be bothered by much more than this. For those of you who struggle with this after every meal and have the tired feeling, I wonder if there is a nutritionist you can see that specializes in food sensitivities. Many doctors only look at food allergies. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like it will be an easy fix if you've already tried cutting out a lot of the common foods that cause bloat. I wish all of you the best of luck and hope you find a good way to end the bloating!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:54 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Hi lostsoul62: milk, nuts, and shellfish are said to cause bloating. If one is lactose intolerant many people bloat for this reason.

Closed Thread