It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

jl22 HB User
Pain and lump in calf

I used to have horrible charlie horses in the middle of the night.. about a year ago I was having AT LEAST one a night for a period of time of about two weeks and then one night I had one that brought me to tears and haven't had one since. About 6 months ago I started getting a kind of tingling/stinging feeling and sometimes a numb type of sensation,it's never really numb just like it could fall asleep at any time in my calf. There is also a half dollar size lump in that area. This is only on my right leg. There has never been any bruising, redness, warm feelings anything like that.. you can see veins around the lump and the lump itself is just barely lighter than the rest of my leg. It doesn't always bother me.. it does more often when I sit down or just when any pressure is put on the back of my thigh. Just today there has been a tingling feeling in the back of my thigh as well. My husband thinks that my muscle is still (almost a year later) knotted up after my last charlie horse and that it is putting pressure on a nerve, my sciatic nerve. Any ideas or suggestions (other than going to the doctor) would be appreciated. I take potassium pills, eat bananas and drink plenty of water.

Closed Thread