It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
(male)

Robby1995 HB User
Unexplained Seizures

Alright well I need some major feedback on some urgent doubts im having. Heres my info:
Height: 5' 11 1/2''
Weight: 160
Body Fat: 12%
Now, ive had 2 unexplained seizures in the past.. once when i was home alone at 11 years of age, and the other at school in between periods at 15. Both were very unexpected, and caused me to have thoughts about what im doing now and how it can impact me in the future. The two seizures were generally the same, my vision became fixated, loss of speech, loud ringing noise inside the ears, and loss of muscular control.. my knees gave out on me and down i went. Now, i supposedly (coming from eye witnesses during the 2nd seizure) hit my head on the bench, began to bleed, trembled, and shook non stop for a few minutes until my body gave out and i fainted.. and i was down for a good 20-30 minutes until the paramedics arrived. Afterwards, i could only remember the paramedics getting me on a gurney, and i blacked out throughout the journey to the ambulance(big campus). A paramedic asked me several questions and i had great trouble answering him...Also, my muscles, my entire body seemed to be drained to the point where i could barely keep my eyes open.. Keep in mind, my bowls didnt give out, i didnt swallow my tongue and this was completely and drastically unknown to me.. this whole ordeal. I dont have epilepsy of any kind and i have been tested several times for this.
I didnt gain full body control until 3 hours after the incident. Whenever i tried getting up i would fall, my muscles and my bones didnt seem to work in sync... and i couldnt go to the bathroom at all.. my mind was blank for a good time, and i only remembered flashes.
One weird thing that was happening to me before was that my right thigh, especially in my quad area was locking up. I had p.e. before the whole incident(which happened in between bells) and i couldnt jog or run without my thigh locking up and my muscle straining.
Maybe too little sleep(very possible because i sleep 4-6 hours a night during weekdays).. Maybe diet(not very possible because i have always eaten right but i do have periods that i dont eat well).. Maybe i hit my head and it caused this? (highly impossible) I have no idea.. My workout? I push myself very hard when it comes to weight lifting. I have absolutely no idea.. my mom and dad ruled it as just me not eating right, not getting enough sleep, being mentally and physically exhausted, asking of my body what i did not have.. and this combination erupted in a seizure.. I dont know if its possible, but i wonder.. could it be a hidden neurological problem that is ignited by this combo? Will this happen again? Having seizures truly starves me from many activities (I cagefight and play football) i really would like to hear some one elses opinion
Thanks,
- Robby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Unexplained Seizures

Hi I suspect the cagefight and foot ball have knocked the brain around in the skull and even though there normally is a cushion of water if those areas are dehydrated a bit or become that way through violent exercise the damage can be done to the delicate cells of the brain. Sometimes certain manufactured sweeteners or additives can cause seizures also. I would stop the violent exercise and take up something more tame such as a nice quiet walk in a beautiful place and drink plenty of water.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Unexplained Seizures

Have you had a good Neurology workup? That would be the first thing I would think to do to rule out a problem. I'm sure the rough sports aren't helping and would be skeptical to continue till your actually told by a Dr. your physically ok to participate.

Good luck...JJ....

Closed Thread