It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
(male)

karimali831 HB User
Bad eating habits

What do they say to help maintain a healthy diet? To all the food lovers, I'm one of them. I'm medium weight and eat takeaways everyday whether it'll be a large doner kebab or chicken and chips. I will go out every night to Tesco to get sweets, doritos/dip, chocolates, drinks etc even if I'm not hungry. Why? I just love food...

I want to get out of the habit but if I know I have a choice between eating pasta or a takeaway, it's just sooo hard to sticking to pasta.

Because of this, I would say my health is not very good but because I love sport soo much, it makes it in the middle. Now I'm doing long runs, sprint intervals and a lot of other physical activities everyday. I am not sure if this contributes to me wanting to eat all the time... but this is what makes me average weight otherwise I would for sure be over weight. (thank god for my parents for also being sportive)

Now I many who does sport also has a positive diet, I am the only one I know that is stuck in between here. Anyone here loved fat food soo much but managed to have a healthy diet after???? If so I'd love to hear from you to how you did it, for me it's very hard right now...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Bad eating habits

Hi well I will say that if a person chooses to eat healthy now they may avoid a lot of needless suffering later if that helps. They will be less likely to have a heart attacks or problems with energy and shortness of breath or weird palpitations or pains in the chest. They would be less likely to have diabetes with blood sugar difficulties, yeast infections daily or 4 times a day finger sticks and ulcers in the legs. They would be less likely to suffer cancer and less likely to suffer with high blood pressure or strokes.

There are some nice recipe books that may be helpful with nice vegetarian food without meat, cheese or fattening things that may help and be quite tasty. Even some of the desserts can be made with fruit juice and less sugar but be quite nice. ( fruits should not be eaten with vegetables though and can be for a different meal) If a person is in a hurry they can use the crockpot and throw a couple vegetable stew packs in there from the frozen food section some tasty seasonings and they will be ready for the thermos in the morning so they can be had for lunch. Of course beans take a few minutes to sort but they are also healthy and can be be done overnight. Frozen fruit packages of various types can be cooked with a very small amount of water and eaten with whole wheat bread.

I hope this gives a nice healthy variation in the diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread