It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

Jrobaby HB User
Question Random symptoms. Need suggestions!

I have a few random symptoms and my doctor can't seem to figure it out, so I'm hoping someone out there might have a suggestion...
1) shaking hands
2) occasional night sweats
3) headaches
4) general fatigue
5) nausea in the morning (not pregnant)
6) occasionally feel extreme hunger, after JUST eating a big meal.

I'm taking Xanax and Zoloft for my anxiety. My doctor checked my thyroid levels, and they came back just fine. Don't know where to go from here because theres no way to know 100% if all the symptoms are even related!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Random symptoms. Need suggestions!

Has your Dr. tested your blood sugar?

JJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

Jrobaby HB User

No...I have an appt. today, so I'll ask her to check it!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Good, as sometimes if your sugar goes low you will get that shakey feeling.

Keep us posted how you make out...Good luck...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Zoloft can cause uncontrolable shaking of a part of the body as a side effect according to the National Institute of health. Xanax can cause seizures. These are both serious side effects to the nervous system. I would not use them myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
JJ (04-12-2011)
Old 04-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

[QUOTE=Jrobaby;4728664]I have a few random symptoms and my doctor can't seem to figure it out, so I'm hoping someone out there might have a suggestion...
1) shaking hands
2) occasional night sweats
3) headaches
4) general fatigue
5) nausea in the morning (not pregnant)
6) occasionally feel extreme hunger, after JUST eating a big meal.

I'm taking Xanax and Zoloft for my anxiety. My doctor checked my thyroid levels, and they came back just fine. Don't know where to go from here because theres no way to know 100% if all the symptoms are even

I am in no way lecturing you, just giving information it me years to realize and turned out to be true for me. I was on Certain meds about twenty years ago for anxiety attacks, still get them here and there, but on my own journey I learned so much, so I thought I would share. As I believe it changed my life forever. ( in a great way)

Every medication will have a side effect. Its unfortunate but very true. They help and its a personal choice to use or not. But i believe it is just as important to feed your body what it needs to cope and recover aside from the medicines, as they are not cures, but help you to cope. I dont think xanax is such a great pill, its highly addictive and masks so many sensations that you cant tell what your body is trying to tell you. It is a fantastic short term fix and if needed to function a miracle pill, but probably not a good long term drug for your body. They are very difficult to wean off of. Remember they quiet down all the anxiety, but one day when you want to go off them you are going to need to have strategies and coping skills to handle your body. So while on the medicines please be sure to read up on them and find out what supplements you can take to provide your body with ammunition to strengthen itself. They do give those two together a lot at first until your body excepts the zoloft, and zoloft has a lot of uncomfortable side effects at first, which im guessing is why they even gave you the xanax.
There are doctors..integrated m.d (look on acam) its a dr. who went to med school and is an M.D, but then went and learned and focused on alternative medcine..they use both together so they can help you get your whole body in balance and not just mask symptoms.They specialize in this.In the balance. I am not saying not to take medicine at all, you take what you need to function, I am saying there are definitely deficiencies in your body that should be addressed as well;. deficiencies that aided in your body feeling the way it does. Regular doctors, and i am sure their are exception really have no clue on even how these drugs work let alone on deficiencies you have or that they can cause in the long run.

Here are some of the most recent proves deficiencies that seem to exist in people with moderate to severe anxiety:

SIGNS OF MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY (no accurate test for this )
The classic physical signs of low magnesium are:1 2 3

Neurological:

Behavioral disturbances
Irritability and anxiety
Lethargy
Impaired memory and cognitive function
Anorexia or loss of appetite
Nausea and vomiting
Seizures

Muscular:

Weakness
Muscle spasms (tetany)
Tics
Muscle cramps
Hyperactive reflexes
Impaired muscle coordination (ataxia)
Tremors
Involuntary eye movements and vertigo
Difficulty swallowing

Metabolic:

Increased intracellular calcium
Hyperglycemia
Calcium deficiency
Potassium deficiency

Cardiovascular:

Irregular or rapid heartbeat
Coronary spasms

B12: ( blood test can confirm)
confirms a correlation between b12 deficiency and symptoms of depression. Warning signs of vitamin b12 deficiency include chronic fatigue, dizziness, anxiety, increased violent tendencies, sleep disturbances and loss of appetite. Sound familiar? Many are the same symptoms above-mentioned for clinical depression.
Vitamin D deficiency can exist in two forms. One is the mild form, characterized by mild symptoms like loss of appetite, weight loss, diarrhea, insomnia, vision problems, and burning sensation in the mouth and the throat.
Severe vitamin D deficiency can develop symptoms like muscle pain, fatigue, depression, low immunity, weaker bones susceptible to fractures. This condition can lead to rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults. It is also suggested by researchers that low vitamin D levels can contribute to the development of osteoporosis.Vitamin D (blood test to determine)

Lastly is yeast overgrowth. Candida. As you are on anti anxiety meds you can not take the candida prescriptions, but you can make the dietary changes. They are tons of information on this throughout the internet.

adrenal fatigue (you will have to look this one up) This is the end result on your adrenals from the constant fight or flight response your body goes through during stress. adrenal glands are located above each of your kidney and play a huge role in homeostasis in your body.

what I do know is an integrated doctor would go over this with you and work with you, the medicines you are on and the supplements you need. You would most likely need to discuss anything you choose to take with the doctor prescribing these meds because they could conflict somehow. I dont know.

After all this is taken care of, of course there is retraining your brain and mind. As negative thought and patterns are probably interfering with your bodies ability to cope. I have used spring-forest qijong and love it ( its online). I found it most helpful as it addresses many issues at once with meditations and proper breathing techniques. There are numerous apps on the ipod as well as binaural beat app. They tend to work with or without you paying attention.

That was the longest message I have ever left. But, I wish someone gave me all that information a long time ago. I get b12 shots, I supplement D3 and magnesium and stay very open to meditational and motivational apps. Wayne dyer, deepak chopra and katie byron mitchell (byron Katie) are a few I found useful. Nothing in life is perfect and of course anxiety exists and at times goes into panic but I just thank God along the way I listened and supplemented and saw an integrated M.D . Good luck and feel great. sorry if that was too long. I was just trying to pass on my knowledge to you to help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to itburns2004 For This Useful Post:
Jrobaby (04-13-2011)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
(female)

Jrobaby HB User

Thank you all for your advice! I got more blood tests done yesterday so I am waiting to hear back. As far as the xanex and zoloft, my symptoms were occurring before I started them. I started those within the last couple weeks, but my symptoms have been here for quite a while...
@itburns2004- Thanks for your advice! I was quite surprised to see so many of my symptoms on the magnesium deficiency list... I am definitely going to go get some vitamins!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
(male)

Pasedena_guy HB User

Well sometimes if your sugar proceeds reduced you will get that shaky feeling.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi you are welcome!

Closed Thread