It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

peanut14 HB User
any ideas?

I wake up feeling tired no matter how much sleep I get. I have much less energy than I used to. My stomach is constantly upset and bloated. I have excess gas and oscillate from constipation to diarrhea. My legs are swollen daily – with pitting. I even wake up with swollen legs, and often swollen hands, ankles and feet. My skin feels tight and uncomfortable. My hormone levels, insulin, thyroid, tolerance for gluten, lactose and celiac, as well as cortisol levels have all been tested and came back normal. I am at a loss as to what is causing this. I have also gained 15 lbs over the past 5 months, despite exercising 5+ times a week (including about 15 miles of running). I’m am pretty sure most of the weight is water retention. I have been prescribed spironaloctone for acne, which is also supposed to help with edema, but so far (3 months) it has had little effect. I’ve also tried homeopathic remedies including apple cider vinegar tablets, magnesium/calcium tablets, aloe vera tablets, vitamin B complex. I do not take any other medications and stopped taking oral contraceptives 4 months ago after I saw the spike in weight. My doctor seems unable to help and says I am just “unfortunate” and have “leaky veins.” I can’t accept that feeling like I do every day is normal and there is nothing that can be done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: any ideas?

Hi have liver and kidney enzymes and tests been done? Have any heart tests been done?
How are the potassium and salt levels?

I would stop the vinegar and supplements in case the kidney and liver are being bothered by them. I would also take a daily walk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread