It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
(male)

Deepseated HB User
Deep-seated left leg pain

I have symptoms that have got me more worried than I have ever been before about my health.

For some months now I have had a deep-seated ache in my left leg. It seems to have spread to the left half side of my pelvis. It is an unusual type of feeling; like nothing I had ever felt before now. If somehow a major vein/artery - probably located in my left leg - had become pinched and thus was restricting proper flow of blood to my left leg this is how I would imagine it would feel. When standing my left leg feels tired and aches. It also kind of feels like it is slowly withering away, that is how I would describe it too. A few times I have had to find somewhere to sit to rest the leg. I left home to go out one day and within a few minutes I almost turned back home because my left leg felt so weak. The spread to the pelvis includes more than ache - pain around that ball in a socket part of the pelvis. It seems to be getting worse; when I have been sitting down and get up for the first two or three steps I am doubled over like an old man.

I am a youngish 45 year old and do an hour of exercise almost everyday - I alternate between a solid hour of running or lifting weights at a gym. I lift fairly heavy weights too i.e 130kg squats, 110kg bench presses. My present symptoms have hardly affected my exercise regime though!

There is one exception though. Bending sideways to the left is barely tolerable; it intensifies said ache in the pelvis area.

It is my runs not being affected by things that has somewhat surprised me the most; I walk slightly favouring my right leg now - as giving the left leg less work to do - but I can still run as hard as ever.

I am due to see a doctor next week. I have not before now because I kept thinking it would go away. Plus in the past I have been a bit of a hypochondriac.

About six months ago tests were not conclusive with regards to whether my ex had infected me with hepatitis due to her cold sores. What I remember though is that a leaflet at the clinic stated that a leg (or arm, I cannot remember) feeling weak/achey can be a symptom of when one is first infected with hepatitis. This too is another reason why i kept thinking the ache would subside after said initial infection attack. Now that this ache seems to be getting worse I do not think this has anything to do with whether my ex infected me with her cold sores or not.

Please,I really would appreciate any learned take on what might be wrong with me. Even when I see a doctor next week it might be several more weeks before tests tell me anything.

Last edited by Deepseated; 04-13-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
(male)

Deepseated HB User
Re: Deep-seated left leg pain

46 views but no opinions? Please help.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

i'm guessing sciatica......i'd try a chiropractor

Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
(male)

Deepseated HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
i'm guessing sciatica......i'd try a chiropractor
Just read up on what that is and you might be right.

I am very grateful for your response. Thank you.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

glad i could help....i have a problem with the sciatic nerve
my left hip hurts and the pain travels down the side of my thigh, and then goes around the front and goes down the front of my shin

Closed Thread