It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

heatherx0x HB User
Question I need some help deciding what is wrong

I am currently having some issues and I'm not quite sure how serious they are.
A little background on me (just because it might be useful):
I work overnight Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I go to school from 11am-10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I generally stay up all day on Monday so that I can get proper sleep before school on Tuesdays. I also do this again on Thursday nights so that I can sleep before work on Fridays.

I realize this is hard on my body and I have been practically begging for some sort of transfer to days at my job but they just won't have it because they "need me" overnight. Anyway, I meet all of the requirements they just refuse to allow this and therefore I have to deal with it.

I already suffer from a diagnosed panic and anxiety disorder. And I began experiencing "tension" headaches about 4 months ago. Maybe even a bit longer. They weren't always daily, but after some time they started happening more frequently until it was once a day or so. They were annoying but a few ibuprofen would alleviate my pain. And just sleep would actually cut it (but more often than not, trying to take a nap in my busy life is just impossible sometimes :P )I assumed that they were due to my anxiety and after a few months I got on xanax and they didn't seem to change. It could be that these were occuring due to my lack of sleep 2 nights each week. Anyway, I couldn't pay one bit of attention in math class because they irritated me so bad.

Recently, (I did get on xanax a month ago just to be specific) for about the past 2 weeks I have been having the most SEVERE headaches...like behind my eyes and it feels like it goes to the back of my skull sometimes. But, it's completely terrible. I cannot function whatsoever. Well, I went out to smoke a cigarette a day after it started happening and I was smoking as usual, trying to calm down about it. I suddenly felt that I had to throw up. I never feel like that. Nausea is one thing, but the feeling that I need to literally blow chunks asap is not common for me. I have also been seeing like black dots or "small blurs" if there is like striped wallpaper or something. It hurts...light irritates me, computer screens are pretty rough too, and this is getting in the way of school. I got to thinking that it could be due to the xanax but it doesn't happen every time and it happens when I don't take them. Sometimes SOMETIMES I can take half a xanax ( I usually only take half of a .5mg about twice per day) and it will decrease my pain in my head but generally it doesn't even help.

My periods for about 2-3 years have been random as well. I blame this on anxiety, but it's possible that it could be obesity or even something more severe. Anyway, I'll go 3,4, maybe even 6 months with normal periods and then suddenly they will stop for months. Like last time it stopped ended up lasting around 6 months. It returned for 2 months, normally, and then stopped and I'm back to 3 months without one. I am going for a pap on monday. I'm so nervous!

Also, I have experienced sleep apnia at least once in a course of 2 months, my left eye protrudes (but I have normal thyroid function according to a blood test about 5 months ago) and recently, if I do not take a xanax, I experience sleep paralysis commonly. This is terrifying not to mention. I also have mood swings, I'm emotional, my fiance can't stand me sometimes.

What is WRONG with me??? My blood counts, liver, minerals, pH all came back normal in the last 6 months. I'm not sure what I'm dealing with here but I feel that it's serious due to the rapid headache change.

I was wondering about pituitary tumors. Could this be the issue? I have a history of cancer in my family but they are said to be sporadic. I don't have any boob leakage haha. So I'm not quite sure if this is the case or not. But, it seems if any of them that it would be Prolactinoma? I'm not sure on the terminology here but it was a thought.

I also experience forgetfulness, I can't stop eating...like this is so embarrassing...but I've gained 70 lbs in a year and a half, and this is just affecting me negatively so if you have any advice I'd really appreciate it but thanks so much guys. (:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: I need some help deciding what is wrong

I think a lot of your problems could be linked to your erratic sleep pattern and the rapid weight gain. Your entire body seems out of sync. Improper sleep habits also cause weight gain. The headaches almost sound like migraines. Perhaps someone else will have other suggestions. I wish you well.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi yes the menses may be erratic because the sleep schedule and probably also therefore meal schedule might also be erratic. A good schedule is needed for a body that works like clockwork. Sunlight and walking is also a need on a regular basis for health. Ibuprofen may cause problems with the stomach and GI system later if it does not already and might be partly behind the nausea. Ibuprofen has been known to eat a hole right through the gut. The smoking does not help anyone's health and anyone who truly wants to feel good should never have another one. Xanax has been known to cause a headache, nausea and seizures. In addition the irregular hormones from the erratic schedule may not help the headaches because estrogen lowering and more progesterone sometimes seems to cause headache. A GI doctor might do a scoping to be sure there is no malignancy in the stomach although likely it was the combination of xanax and ibuprofen.

An AMAS blood test can test for malignacy anywhere if a place can be found that will do one. An MRI might determine if there is a malignant or benign tumor behind the bulging eye.

Has the blood sugar been tested?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
(female)

heatherx0x HB User

Oh yeah I forgot to mention this, I usually don't take ibuprofen because I am scared of medication in general. I have only recently taken it to calm these severe headaches I've been experiencing. But, even then...it hasn't been working so I've just stopped.

My father and mother both take xanax and without issues. They also have a anxiety issues. I have been taking it for a month and this has only been occuring for two weeks (the severe headaches and nausea and those happen together...never just one or the other). I also feel dizzy and just out of it.

Speaking of which, I have been tested for diabetes and insulin resistance. Those tests came back good. I don't have an issue with that in my family either, so I'm assuming it is not an issue for me at this point.

I don't know if all of these issues are related. It could just be that I have a hormonal problem but I worry constantly and have serious anxiety and this could definitely just be blown out of proportion.

I took my blood pressure twice earlier and once it was 112/94 and the second time it was more normal. I had a headache the first time and it was fading off the second.

My main concerns are: secondary amenorrhea, severe "migraines" (never had one in my life until this point), dizziness, memory loss, severe anxiety/panic attacks, and things along those lines. The pains in my head tend to be right behind the top of the bridge of my nose.

Thanks so much!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
(female)

heatherx0x HB User

Oh and my last cigarette was about 2 weeks ago. I am doing the electronic cigarette things and they're okay...I'm about to quit cold turkey!

The following user gives a hug of support to heatherx0x:
sjb (04-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I am glad for the stop smoking program I would stick with it.

Closed Thread