It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
(male)

newpoplo5 HB User
What are the chances of getting hiv from 3rd hand contraction?

Lets say one guy has hiv he was scratching himself cuz he was itchy (no visible blood on his hand) but anyways i let him borrow a pencil (he is not sanitized either). I shook his hand, then went home and washed my hands immediatly since i didnt think of it at the time.

So lets theorize the worst situation, lets say what if he scratched himself before, or whatever, or he masturbates with out washing his hands maybe hours earlier ( i know crazy thoughts but im getting parnoid) but when i shook his hand, his hand felt super dry so idk...

Continueing the story I went home, 2.5 hours later I picked up the same pencil to do some work. and forgetting that i let him borrowed it, after that I popped my pimple that i had on my body....

What are the chances that i contracted hiv? thank you

Last edited by newpoplo5; 04-14-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: adding details

Old 04-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: What are the chances of getting hiv from 3rd hand contraction?

Do you know he has HIV? Or are you guessing? If IF he does have hiv my bet is that he is very careful of his problem and takes the necessary precautions. YOu aren't going to catch HIV from shaking someones hand or loaning him a pencil. Ratchet down a few levels. I have extremely dry hand also, does that make me a carrier?

What I would do is to google this and read up on not only the disease, but how it is transmitted(and its not by shaing hands). After you have done some reading I think you will be more comfortable. Hope this help ease your fears..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Do you know he has HIV? Or are you guessing? If IF he does have hiv my bet is that he is very careful of his problem and takes the necessary precautions. You aren't going to catch HIV from shaking someones hand or loaning him a pencil. Ratchet down a few levels. I have extremely dry hand also, does that make me a carrier? No, it means I should be using some lotion on my hands..

What I would do is to google this and read up on not only the disease, but how it is transmitted(and its not by shaking hands). After you have done some reading I think you will be more comfortable. Hope this help ease your fears..

Old 04-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Benit HB User

This is anxiety and/or paranoid thinking, plain and simple.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User

There is zero chance. Do not even worry about it.

Closed Thread