It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

Summr HB User
Post Can anyone explain these symptoms? [Mainly about joints]

-Pain in my knees for over 3 years. This winter it's been so bad I won't get out of bed if it's cold.
- Stiff joints in my fingers, especially when it's cold.
-I have experienced stiffness in my hands, knees, elbows, hips and neck.
-All the above joints crack a lot. Especially if it's cold. My hips crack unexpectedly more than other joints.
-Finger and toes are usually icey cold. Even when others complain it's a little too warm.
-Unless I am walking in the summer, for example, my hands swell a little bit and get extremely sweaty and hot compared to the rest of my body.
-Or if I have them wrapped up. But if my toes are already cold, for example, and I put socks on, my toes stay cold and hurt unless I somehow warm them.
-When I breathe in through my nose in the cold, I get a headache like pain. Like if you accidentally get water up your nose when swimming. I can remember this happening since I was 12.
-At age 12, I remember in PE I hated running. Not because I was out of breath or my muscles hurt. But my knees would be in such bad pain.
---------------------------
April 14th
I got a sharp pain in what felt like my heart. My chest felt as if it was being crushed. My left arm felt heavy and somewhat numb, like it was tied with a rubberband. Pain in the left side of my neck but that could just be unrelated. This lasted about 10 minutes.
-About 45 minutes later, while laying in bed trying to relax [I thought I was having a mild heart attack by the symptoms], I felt my chest tighted with another sharp, but less severe pain. I went to the ER.
-While waiting, I found it odd that my pinky and index finger of my left hand was warm and sweaty, however all of my other finger tips were the normal icey cold.
-After 15 minutes of waiting for a doctor, my symptoms weren't nearly as bad. They did an EKG and an Xray but everything was fine. The doctor said it was Pleurisy. Gave me a shot of an anti-inflammitory and I went home.
-Yesterday[the next day], the symptom of my arm being tied occured several times throughout the day. At about 11pm I had to jog half a block to my car. It felt as if right above my collar bone was blocked.
-It is now 4:28AM on April 16th and I am still having pain around my collar bone. When I back, however it stops. Which is why it stopped at the hospital, because I was leaning back. If I lean forward it returns. If sit up straight with good posture the pain seems to move down, and stops at my sternum, and my upper ribcage feels constricted. I have a heat rash on my chest, my toes are very cold even though they are covered. I don't use one pinky when I type, and it is completely cold.
-I keep having to burp, but it's like a really small burp and just not a normal burp.
- I was diagnosed with TMJ 5 years ago, and refered to someone but my insurance didn't cover it so I have just been dealing with it. My jaw cracks, also.
---------------------
These things may be unrelated, but I really don't know anymore. I always thought these feelings were just "me", but now it all seems to be interfearing with life a little bit.
It's all more or less a discomfort than a pain on a daily bases.
Is it genetic? My 3 month old daughter has the same things with her tose, nose and fingers. I can't say much else since she is so young.
I am 17 years old, almost 18. Any ideas? Please?

Sorry that was so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
(female)

Summr HB User
Re: Can anyone explain these symptoms? [Mainly about joints]

I don't mean to repost but the "edit button" won't click for me. I just got the rash I mentioned on my chest. I took my temp and it was 103.3. Now it's down to normal.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Can anyone explain these symptoms? [Mainly about joints]

Wow, you have a host of different symptoms. The coldness could be Raynaud's disease or plain old bad circulation. I seriously would not even attempt to try and list what could or could not be wrong but please...get yourself a good physical and explain to the Dr. everything you listed here.

You have a brand new baby to take care of and I'm sure you want to be as healthy as possible for both you and her. Did they give you any antibiotics in the hospital or just the one shot? Pleurisy is an inflammation of the lining of the lungs so that could be the breathless feeling you have and I doubt the shot did much good if your temps. is running that high.

Please get yourself checked out. Best of wishes...JJ...

Closed Thread