It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

kristymarie87 HB User
lower abdomen pain - is it gastro or gynae? Please help

Since monday i've been getting intermittent lower abdominal pain.

At first it was twice a night in the early hours (between 12am-5am). Then around Wednesday it was at least 5 times a day and now its getting bad and im crippled over in pain with hot sweats.

I'm not eating differently, i'm drinking fluids, my bowel habits are normal, no blood etc, im not vomiting. I am feeling slightly nauseas when the pain comes and its radiating down my legs.

I got an emergancy appt with possibly the most useless doctor who said i should see my own doctor who can diagnose me. He just gave me Buscopan for IBS which hasnt worked.

I called NHS direct who said i should see a doctor (Its saturday). She said it doesnt sound like an infection/virus or bowel related.

I dont know what to do, but i cant see a GP till the walk in clinic on Tuesday.

Please help! I will answer any questions, i just need some advice.

Last edited by kristymarie87; 04-16-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Bad subject title.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

kristymarie87 HB User
Re: I dont know what to do....but im in pain

i'll just crawl into my lil hole then....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
(female)

mamaskoby HB User

Sounds like possible your gall bladder or your appendix since its radiating down your leg. I would not hesitate to go to the hospital if it gets worse! HOpe you feel better soon!
Anna

Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

even a hernia can radiate pain down your leg. I would go to ER

Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
(female)

mamaskoby HB User

Could it be an ovarian cyst? They can twist and rupture causing alot of pain also....keep us posted!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
(female)

kristymarie87 HB User

Well its not my appendix!! I had that out in october. I do have a hitus hernia - but i know how the pain from that feels - its caused by reflux so its not down that low in my body.

When i had my appendix out it was found to be normal, they suspected i had a ruptured ovarian cyst as they found fluid in the area but it was never taken further.

I hope to get to a minor injuries unit today, but i dont drive and am worried to leave the house!! I missed my bc pill last night to see if that had been causing the pain and thought it had worked as i was pain free during the night, save for some uncomfortable (non painful) cramps. But i got up this morning to go to the loo and when i went back to bed i was in pain again.

Since then i've had another episode. My bm was softer than usual (but not diarrhoea). Im not sure if that has any indication as to what this is.....

Old 04-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
(female)

Tam59 HB User
Re: lower abdomen pain - is it gastro or gynae? Please help

I hate the hot/cold sweats!! It is usually bowels when it is in the lower quadrant. However, if it is on the lower right, it could be your appendix. Go to Web Dr. MD and use the symptom checker. That helped me to figure out I had gallbladder issues. Please keep me posted. If the pain gets worse go to the ER. If your appendix ruptures it is very serious.
Tam

Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Can you tell us exactly where the pain is..like left lower or right lower? Are you having any problems urinating as it could be a urinary tract infection. Seeing they thought you had a problem with your ovary it just may be some female problem. It's hard to tell by your symptoms as it seriously could be many different things like Diverticulitis...which would be pain on your lower left side, gallbladder etc..

If you can get to an ER I would do it and get checked out and also try to be seen by a GYN.

Hope your feeling better...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
Tam59 (04-17-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
kristymarie87 (04-17-2011), Tam59 (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
(female)

kristymarie87 HB User

As i say, i dont have my appendix so it cant be that!!

Its in the lower area but central - not to the left or to the right! No pain urinating and no problems with bowel movements. I think its inbetween the abdominal and pelvic area. Seems to play up when im not walking around. Also i can sometimes feel a slight pulling sensation there when i walk.

I wen to the urgent care where i live. A urine sample came back clear - no UTI. The Doctor seems to think its more likely to be "womanly" issues rather than gastro.

I have had a ruptured cyst on my ovary, which they thought was my appendix but this pain, altough severe in the last week, has been around for a while on and off. She said i should get referred to a gynaecologist, which i will do Tuesday.

At this stage im not sure what it could be, but the pain is nothing like my gastritis/hiatus hernia issues!

The following user gives a hug of support to kristymarie87:
JJ (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Yes I read where you had your appendix out so knew it wasn't that. One time I had a UTI and had absolutely NO symptoms all day at work. Got home, made supper and then it started. I had to call the Dr. at 6:30 and he asked why I didn't call during the day. Like I told him, I was fine. He sent hubby down for some script and I had to see him in the a.m. When he tested my urine he told me I had to have had it for at least 2 weeks as it was all cloudy.

Yup, definately make a GYN appt. and get yourself some relief as you don't want something getting worse. Please keep us posted ok?

Best of wishes....JJ...

Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #11
(female)

kristymarie87 HB User

Yeah UTIs are horrid. My urine came back fine so i know its not that, but i do suffer from them alot, and also never really get the usual symptoms. Last time it went to my kidneys...

I am seeing a doctor Tuesday if i can get the time off work and although i can see someone on the NHS i have private insurance with work and am thinking of using that to speed the process! I get funny about asking the doctor to refer me though coz i fell like its snobby to the NHS!!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Only thing I had was a backache, but I have had back problems since I was 27 so that didn't even enter my mind. Oh well, now I make sure if I feel anything remotely like it I drink cranberry juice for a couple of days.

Hope you can get the time off as you do not need to be in pain. I seriously do not know what the NHS is, but think it must be a national health thing?? I don't know if they would be offended as right now your not getting answers. Just see how it goes.

Good luck and keep us posted...JJ..

Closed Thread