It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
(female)

Towson HB User
Long History of DVT's

Hello All,
I'm a newbie to this board, but not a newbie to DVT's.

My first DVT was when I was 21, I'm now 50. My first clot in my right leg was due to taking a very low dose birth control pill back in the 80's. The thing was that I had only been on it for about 6 weeks and one of the weeks was the dummy week. The clot that I had at the time was the size of a softball and the Dr's coulld not get it to dissolve with heprin. During that time I had a greenfield filter put in due to emboli that was traveling to my lungs. It's the prototype.

Over the years I've had many episodes of clotting in both of my legs. It's to the point now that when I get a clot and have to have an ultrasound, the vessels are so occluded due to past clotting that the Dr's can't tell the old ones from a new one.

I have problems with venous stasis ulcers in my legs and one ulcer that has been on going. It just won't heal. I know that this is due to the lack of circulation in my legs, but the one thing that I have always wondered is how many clots or occlusions can one have before there is just nowhere else for the blood to recirculate in the legs? Will the ulcers or the current one that refuses to heal, ever heal? I've had every treatment possible to the ulcer, but it's just become treatment resistent.

Anyone else have these questions and is there any answers?

Last edited by Administrator; 08-31-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Closed Thread