It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
(male)

losing HB User
Still Searching / Same Symptoms 2 Yrs

Posted here before in the past, hoping a new post might help find someone with a new suggestion.

Symptoms

Chest tightness / burning sensation in center of chest & restricted breathing.
Heart Palpitations
Bloated Stomach
Head Pressure / Dizziness
Stiff Neck
Night Sweats
Anxiety
General Feeling of Malaise

Tests I've had
ECG
Tilt Table
Chest X Ray
Chest CT
Breathing Test
MRI thoracic & head
Upper GI
Colonoscopy
Abdominal CT
Allergy Panel
The run of blood tests

No diagnosis as of yet. Been two years and the symptoms are near constant and vary in severity with no identifiable trigger. Not one normal day during that period. In my 20s male, avid athlete. Any suggestions would be great.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Still Searching / Same Symptoms 2 Yrs

Hi any medicines being taken?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
(male)

losing HB User

Nope. Just a daily Multi- Vitamin

Old 04-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Did you ever have any cardiac test done like Echo or stress test?

JJ

Old 04-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

it sounds a bit like a fungal infection. Im surprised it didnt show up on an edoscopy. I had a fungal infection, from gerd it some how refluxed into my lung. The dr's left me sick for six weeks. My sister found an article and i ran it by a gastro dr. and he said it did sound similiar. Long story short i ended up at a pulmonary doctor who had written the article and went on diflucan for a little over a month. On day six the burning stopped. I actually started coming on healthboards at the same same, hence my user name itburns2004. every here or there when the burning begins I run for the diflucan. No one was helping me drs were ignoring me (male ones) and some even nasty. I literallyy just kept swircbhng dr's cause i knew for sure it was real, ad wasnt interested in anyone telling me it was stress. Stress does not burn likethat! I did walk myself in to the nasty dr (two) and tell them of ther lack of concern and what the end result was, and shockingly they were apologenic. Anyway, what did happen by week six was little tiny white patches were on the back of my throat..very few, but enough when the other dr saw it and his knowledge was enough to confirm diagnses and then i had to go to him for two years evey few months for testing to make sure it was ok. I dont know if thts your case but yours sound similiar and when i hear the word burning it send chills up my spine. Burning is uncomfortable ad i lost so much weight during that time. I dont even know where to tell you to go because it was luck and good timiing that i got the correct diagnosis.an endosopy can see it in your esopagus, a pulmanry dr. can test it in your lungs. My burning was in the right part of my chest, and eventually spread,or i guess from the reflux made its way to my esophagus. All from GERD. I also has a ton of tests, but they never tested for the fungal stuff till i asked with that article. Just a thought, it was a rare thing that it even happened, but it did. The end conclusion was i have been on gerd medicine for a long time, and it can and does aid in the growt of fungus or yeast on your gut. The if it does reflus it can spread and go wherever it hit. Good luck. You can always ask..in terms of the lung it mimicked astma sounds and the even firste dr. i saw gave me advair (fugal nightmare cause it wasnt asthma he was feeding the fungal infection). But maybe yours is in your esophagus, on a interesting note eventually it will work its way up into your throat and then it will be visible. I had a low fever and felt tired, nervous and scared. No one likes to be in constant discomfort. I would think by two years it would show. You never know though, depends of the pain i radiating from a different area or organ. They would need to be looking for a fungal infection, or be kind enough to perscirbe at least two solid weekd of an antifungal medicine and see if it cure you (but ill warn you when fungus dies you feel like you have the flu for like three days them its good). Any doctor i use now know my history so there is no issues now and i kmow what to say or ask for. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to itburns2004 For This Useful Post:
losing (04-17-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hi buddy, funny i found this post really, as i dont post in this section but what is happening to you is like a mirror for me to.

Have they done an ultra sound on your organs, more so spleen?
Do you you have much caffine or energy drinks?
Do you smoke or drink much booze?

Regards

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 04-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
(male)

losing HB User

I'll answer these in order.

I've had the Echo, but never a stress test. The doc said people with heart issues can't exercise at the levels I do. Plus BP is perfect, low cholesterol and no family history.

I've never thought about a fungal infection. I guess because it's so rare I or the doctor have never considered it. They did say GERD was a possibility, but I don't feel like I have acid reflux.

I smoke occasionally. More socially. I do drink a good deal, more so in my early 20s I was a regular partier. I started to experience the breathing symptoms first in college(10 years ago), but never like they are today. Hangovers def exacberate(sp?) the issue. Today I go out and drink about once a week on the weekend.

Open to suggestions. I'll bring up the fungal infection. I'm so tired of feeling like this! Just want to breathe and feel normally.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi if a person wants to feel good in the lungs throughout their life it is suggested they don't fill them with smoke particles and hot air. Alcohol is bad for the liver and the esophagus so that will also contribute to feeling bad over time.

Last edited by sjb; 04-17-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

You don't necessarily have to have acid reflux to have Gerd as it is usually caused by LOW stomach acid. Most Drs. say high, but that is usually Gout. Do a search on Hypochlorydria to see if any or many symptoms are what your experiencing.

Best of luck...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hi if the stomach acid happens to be low of course the bacteria from yogurt or cheese may cause more flatus and burping. Otherwise the stomach acids would destroy the bacteria. Sweets would feed them so there would be more bacteria.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
(male)

losing HB User

I agree smoking and drinking are bad for you, but I don't abuse either one and exercise frequently to make sure I stay fit and have good card health. I am trying the GERD route, I picked up some Prilosec OTC and will give that a try for 14 days to see if any improvement. I'm wondering anyone else with this similar symptom set and/or someone with GERD experiencing the breathing issues w/o acid feeling in throat? Thanks

Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya i did have simular issues from acid build up, it can make you quite ill, but i dont think whats wrong with you is down to booze and cigs, certainly not if you can do all the sport. Like i said before, have you had blood done and had a ultra sound on your spleen?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 04-18-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
(male)

losing HB User

The CT scan says Spleen in remarkable, which I assume means nothing. Did you have an intolerance to Caffeine with your issues? I get extremely shaky/ heart palpitations with Caffeine. I forgot to mention that in my original post.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing View Post
The CT scan says Spleen in remarkable, which I assume means nothing. Did you have an intolerance to Caffeine with your issues? I get extremely shaky/ heart palpitations with Caffeine. I forgot to mention that in my original post.
I have indeed. Stopped drinking caffine for the time being as it nearly made me pass out. Im at the hospital again this week, so maybe find out more. I have a enlarged spleen, so it may be causing these issues, but need to find out whats causing the enlargement.

So if your spleen is fine, then you can rule out infeactions ( as a general rule )

Well for now ive been told total rest as i do a lot of sport. Have your tried having a rest? Also a lot of your symptoms are typical of stress and anixity. the fact you get ill will freak you out which will then cause some of your symptoms.

One other daft thing, which a mate of mine checked was gas ( as in the house ) he had a minor leak and was very ill, so got it checked out and all was fine. Its a long shot i know,

Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
(male)

Pasedena_guy HB User

I literally just kept switchgear dr's origin i knew for certain it was genuine, publicity wasn't involved in any individual telling me it was stress. Stress does not set alight like that

Closed Thread