It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

redder15 HB User
Sinus Issues / Head Pain / Eye Pain / TMJ

Hello, looking for some support/advice. I have been suffering with chronic sinus issues for approx. 8 months (right side of head). I have ear fullness and stuffiness constantly, pain behind and above my right eye, pain in and around my right ear and occasional numbness in front of my right ear. Xrays showed some polyps in the sinus but the doc tells me that polyps are really no concern. The pain has now moved down the right back side of my head and neck as well. Had an MRI of my head and everything came back normal and currently waiting for a CT scan of the sinuses. Am also being looked at for possible TMJ. Is it really possible that Sinus issues and/or TMJ can cause such constant discomfort and pain? I am really becoming concerned that it is more than that. Multiple antibiotic treatments did nothing, am on anti-inflammatories and pain killers which seem to be doing nothing either.... any advice or support is welcome...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Sinus Issues / Head Pain / Eye Pain / TMJ

I went to my ENT once with a horrid ear ache and thought it was a sinus infection, as I get them alot. Come to find out he said I had VERY dry ears due to the weather being so cold and the heat on too much.. I seriously had no idea that could happen. He also said many folks with TMJ have the same symptoms as folks with sinusitis.

Hopefully your under an ENT's care as they deal with this stuff all the time. Sure hope you get some results so you can get some relief.

Best wishes and keep us posted...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread