It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #1
(female)

lilangel13 HB User
Exclamation My Doctor isn't being much help, if you have some insight please help!

I've had a barrage of illnesses in the past few years of my life and I'm starting to wonder if they might be connected, because not one of them has gone away. This might take a lot of words to explain but please read through to fully understand. & keep in mind i still have All of these symptoms, even though its been years.

A few years ago I began having troubles with my stomach, I would have pain and nausea in the mornings, but it would subside, however I became unable to eat very much at one time, if I overeat at all I puke. My doctor said it was anxiety

Maybe a year or so after that I began having troubles with my joints, the worst being my ankles and wrists, though I do have troubles with All my joints. Its a dull, achy pain, but, -on a bad day- on a pain scale of 1-10, its about an 8. However somedays can go all the way down to 0! My doctor said I had been eating to much sugar.

Those were my only troubles for awhile, so I just learned to live with them. But then about 5 mothes ago I got very sick, the doc diagnosed me with bronchitus/menegitus gave me some pills and sent me on my way. I did not get fully better (though some symtoms did leave, those arent important)

The symptoms that did stay (and are still here) were a severe headache that does Not go away, and a severe sore throat. I take strong pain meds everyday for it.

Other symptoms stayed, but only become "active" when I do strenuous things. They are: Coughing, Fever/chills, Sharp ear ache, Aches all over my body... I think thats it

I've also noticed thoughout all this my previous ailments seem to come on stronger, (the stomache problems and my joint issues.) My nausea has been abut the usual, but the stomach pain I have has become incredibly strong in the past week or so.

In addition, the pain is always more intense on the right side of my body (i.e. like all the joints on my right side hurt worse than my left, and all my achyness is stronger on the right side. The same is true with my headache, earache and sore throat.

My doctor keeps brushing it off as a "severe case of menengitus" but its lasted way to long and I'm starting to wonder if it could be something else...

I'm sorry this is so long, and I bless anyone who actually read it! thanks! if you have any ideas about what could be going on or any ideas about what I should do, I would really appreciate it! I'd like to start leading a normal life again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: My Doctor isn't being much help, if you have some insight please help!

Good morning...wow you sure have had some tough times and I agree, your Dr. seems to be brushing things off. For peace of mind I would seek out another Dr. who will run some tests to find out why your still having problems, some getting worse.

Any Dr. who just shoves you on pills and says have a nice day isn't my kind of Dr. You need some answers as to why these problems are there. Please seek out another Dr.

All the best...JJ...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

The doctor said you have severe meningitis and sent you on your way?? What kind? Viral or bacterial? Did he do a spinal tap? Bacterial meningitis is dangerous and requires strong antibiotics and usually a hospital stay. If this is what you have You should definitely get a second opinion. I would not wait. Call the doctor and ask him what type of meningitis you have. Tell him you are still sick and if he doesn't care I would go to a hospital.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

The meningitis jumped out at me too, as I was struck with it myself, a few years ago. I was hospitalized for 5 days, and it was viral, typically understood to be the milder of the two types. It is not something a person is "sent on their way" with. The bacterial version is deadly, and both need careful treatment.

I too, would get to another doctor for another look. Until then, take special care of yourself. Your immune system seems to be quite low, making you and open target for anything going around. Until you figure out what is really going on, I would limit my exposure to lots of people, keep my hands very clean, and keep my diet full of fruits and veggies.

I hope someone will come along and give you the answers you are looking for...my best to you

Janet

Closed Thread