It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
(male)

MStar111 HB User
bowel problems & tongue and nerve sensitivity

for the last several months i have been troubled with all kinds of symptoms as to which doctors haven't been able to figure out and I live in constant pain and fatigue. it all started in January when i had an encounter with a girl of whom i did not really know too much about, i was drunk and stupid, i performed cunnilingus and soon after all my troubles began, my tongue had felt like acid was sitting on top of it and had blisters and burning mouth for a few days after, then my tongue turned a whitish/silvery color (it was unscrapable) and it hurt, after several attempts with my family doc he finally did a tongue brush culture and it came back as "yeast" but he nor all of the doctors i have seen think it was yeast infection.

To this day my body and tongue are sensitive and it seems like my body doesn't create fecal matter, i rarely poop anymore and when i do it's small and clay looking (if that makes sense) it also seems like my body doesn't heal correctly either, such as a pin***** which takes weeks instead of days, and my lower back sides have a dull ache to them (is it my kidneys?) i feel as though my breathing has shortened, but not in an asthmatic kind of way ( i had asthma ever since i was 12, i'm 27 and my asthma seems to have gone away after contracting whatever this is that i'm going through) the weird thing about all of this however, is that all tests are coming back as "normal" and believe me i have gone through a lot of tests, from cbc and spep, to colon- and endo-scopy, urologist (i have a varicocele) and even an ENT, also i have had a few std tests including HIV which are coming back as "negative", I'm starting to wish i had something detectable so i can figure this out, especially because of the tongue and body nerve sensitivity and fatigue.

my last resort is to see an Neurologist, I can't think of anything else and I <desparate to> function properly, I hope someone can give me a hint as to what is happening to me, or at least an idea of whom i could turn to.
- Thanks, Mike.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-18-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: bowel problems & tongue and nerve sensitivity

The white coating in your mouth definitely sounds like a yeast infection.

The rest of it...not sure. Was the onset of all the other symptoms at the same time, or is it possible you've got an unrelated illness?

Did the thrush in your mouth clear up yet, or is it still there?

Last edited by Administrator; 04-18-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: changed title

Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi well if it is yeast one could try using a garlic paste from a garlic press. Someone tried doing that a couple times a day using 3-4 cloves of garlic leaving it there 7-8 minutes and washing it down with a tall glass of water. They did this twice a day for several days then put garlic oil on the tongue afterwards and later brushing it and the coating came off. They had tried to get the coating off with a toothbrush before but it would not come. Avoiding sweets will be very important to getting rid of the Candida. Keep your chin up. One doctor in the past prescribed 500 mg of St. John's wort for depression 3 times a day for some of the patients. If that is done it should not be mixed with regular medicines.

Sunshine is also a natural anti-depressant. How much time is spent outside in sunshine and fresh air? I would just avoid it during the hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Going outside in the morning and late afternoon might make a person feel better. Sometimes about this time of year when people have been indoors all winter people become down and they neeed to get outside and enjoy the flowers, the birds and trees. Sometimes if a person finds some job or tries to help others they may be more likely to forget their troubles and have a better time in life.
Of course a neurologist could be visited if there is something wrong with the nervous system.

Last edited by sjb; 04-18-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo at post

Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
(male)

MStar111 HB User

The tongue doesn't look as whitish/silverish as it once was, but my tongue is always sore as though nerves are affecting it and the middle of my tongue has a "hardness" to it plus there are bumps on the floor of my mouth which won't clear up but everyone says they can't see it ugh. as for all the other symptoms they have fallen into place one after the other, except the varicocele, the worst of it is my tongue and body sensitivity as well as the fatigue, i'm awaiting anemia results such as iron, b12 and folic acid tests, and an SS anti body test, I'm starting to wonder if i have contracted a rare disease?

Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I think I would still use the garlic in case it is yeast. The hardness may be because of swollen lymph glands in the tongue and that may have happened because of the infection of yeast or whatever.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
(female)

Specialkt007 HB User

sounds like geographic tongue if you eat stuff with acid like lime is there any change? I have geographic tongue and it would get so bad with high acid foods i would get red areas all around the white pataches.... mine turend out to be an alergy to gluten i took gluten out of my diet and my tongue got 1000 times better and all my stumic problems went away....

Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
(male)

MStar111 HB User

No, unfortunately(?) it is not geographic tongue, although my ENT says it's possible that it could be Burning mouth syndrome, i don't think it's that either since my mouth doesn't "burn", I do have miniscule bumps under my tongue near the floor of my mouth (frenulum) and inner part of my lower gums that I can't help but tongue, whatever it is that I have is very irritating and doesn't seem like any tongue problem you read about on the internet such as Geographic Tongue, leukoplakia or even Thrush. This is a very worrisome problem and yes,I have checked to see if it was cancer, both an oral surgeon and my ENT have said there's no cause for alarm when it comes to that.Also, my lingual tonsils (back sides of my tongue) seem irritated but again when my ent looks at my tongue he says that there's nothing wrong, one last thing about my tongue, it has a slight pasty/slick feel on it, could it be some other type of infection?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi well pictures could be sent as an attachment if desired. There are also some vitamin deficiencies that can cause the tongue to be different. B-1, B-2, B-12, B-6, and B-3 deficiencies have caused various problems with the tongue. Some doctors think the vitamin pills aught not to be used but the foods with these aught to be used such as whole grains.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
(male)

MStar111 HB User

I just got results back from vitamin deficiencies for B12, Iron and Folic Acid, they were all within the normal range. I have come up with an idea that could be a link to all of my problems, I have an algamam (sp?) filling/ silver tooth crown, which contains Mercury, i'm thinking if it is possible that I have been poisoned by this tooth crown, I have read that it can cause yeast of the mouth, fatigue, bowel problems and even nerve problems. If it's not this then the only explanation someone else suggested is Fibromyalgia??

Old 04-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hi well a Candida antibody titre could be done to see if it is yeast or the garlic could merely be tried for 30 days or so to see if that is useful. The silver/mercury issue is said to be important by some and can be checked with a hair test.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
(male)

MStar111 HB User

I have been tested for yeast again by my ENT, and I had given both a blood and urine test for all metals i won't get the results for at least 1 - 2 weeks, i'll keep updating as i get results, thanks for helping me with suggestions and remedies i am greatful

- Forgot to mention that the doctors so far have decided to go ahead and label it as "neuropathy" and have set up a visit with an neurologist for next week, i hope I get answers sometime soon, the fatigue and irritated tongue are REALLY starting to take it's toll, I mean even 2nd hand smoke bothers the tongue nerves so bad

Last edited by MStar111; 04-20-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: new info

Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Hi thanks for the update, perhaps an allergist might be of use in case there is an allergy to cigarette smoke, let us know the results of the tests if desired.

Last edited by sjb; 04-27-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: addition made, spelling

Old 04-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
(female)

desjardins HB User

This really sounds like some kind of candida or gluten sensitivity. You can defnitely get a yeast infection in your mouth -- and it is hard to get rid of. Also, an allergy to gluten would cause systemic pain. Have you tried to cut out all wheat, dairy, fermented foods and bevs?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
(male)

MStar111 HB User

Well i just got my heavy metals toxicity test results back, and they are normal. Have yet to receive my Lyme disease results but will be getting them soon. My ENT tested me for candida which came back positive for candida Albicans but he also tested me for Sjorgens Syndrome. I don't want to label it as Candida just yet because i don't have "thrush" only a slight tongue coating that it looks "normal" to most people including my ENT and Family Doctor and my nerves throughout my whole body including my tongue are extremely sensitive and it irritates me so bad it's almost debilitating. I've all but given up hope that the doctors will ever figure it out, unless it really is candida, wouldn't my Gastro have found it by now? I did have an endo- and colonoscopy which both came back fine, yet my body doesn't produce waste, is this a part of constipation? I have what could only be described as blood/nerve irritability and I am always tired, it also feels like I have kidney problems yet my doctor says that my kidney urine test is normal, even 2nd hand smoke bothers my tongue and nerves to such a painful degree, I can't live a full productive life anymore and it is very depressing, so much so that my mom has decided that I quit my job and live with her because watching me in this state she is very concerned. * one more thing; if the girl that i performed cunnilingus with had a yeast infection, wouldn't I have noticed something strange about it?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

Hi I would work on the Candida problem. No, yeast problems are not always that detectable on another person the germs are not really visible without special tools in the lab. Sometimes there are signs such as a discharge but they are not always all that visible and the discharge may have been cleaned shortly before inspection!

Last edited by sjb; 04-28-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: punctuation

Closed Thread