It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
(male)

Dweano HB User
Feel like vomiting after eating and other issues

Hey, I am new here, I made an account to try to get some advice. Here's the problem:
-mainly I feel nauseous after eating. Sometimes its not bad but sometimes its like I have to hold back the vomiting feelings. I can't recall ever actually puking but after I eat I generally feel kinda bad for awhile, up to an hour or more sometimes. Its not like I am stuffing myself either, just normal meals
-When I am nervous with a full stomach I feel like vomiting sometimes
-When I eat and then am active outside in the sun I feel nauseous after (mild-medium activity, not intense)
-Sometimes after eating my digestive system feels weird, like my stomach will be gurgly and it will feel like I have to go to the bathroom (sometimes I do after)

There are more symptoms that I can not currently think of. I will update as they happen. It just feel like my stomach doesn't like having food in it sometimes and my digestive system is weak too. I am not sure if this is just digestive related or stomach or what. Sometimes I feel like it may all be in my head because when I am at home and have nothing going on after meals I feel better (of course!! Haha) Almost like I worry about vomiting when I have food in my stomach which causes me to get nervous and that causes the problem? That could be it...but I think it is something more. My stomach and digestive system has never been "good". Please help. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Feel like vomiting after eating and other issues

You could have a number of different things, like acid reflux...Gerd..or some kind of intestinal bacterial or viral thing going on. Obviously if your nervous that will upset your stomach as well. Yes there are many over the counter things you can buy to help relieve it, but I strongly suggest you bring this to the attention of your Dr. Maybe some tests need to be done to see just what is going on.

Trying to self diagnose yourself or have someone here do it won't solve the problem as we are not Drs. and don't even know your medical history. Even with that info without certain tests done noone would beable to tell you exactly what is going on. Please make a Drs. appt. and get checked out.

Keep us posted how your doing...JJ...

Old 04-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
(male)

jimmyhusten HB User

I think you are facing some kind of heat allergy you have to consult to the doctor about this otherwise the condition could be worse. Drink cold thinks like watermelon juice and orange juice avoid the thing which are hot like meat, chicken,fish and egg this will cause more problem.

Last edited by jimmyhusten; 04-21-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
(female)

tealotv HB User

Just a thought, anxiety will really do a number on you, and many years ago (more than 20) I had some similar issues with feeling nauseous or about to vomit any time I ate. It was especially bad when I was out in public, and almost nonexistent when I was at home, which was what tipped me off that it was an anxiety issue. And of course the more nervous about it I was, the worse I felt.

The tricky thing was that I didn't FEEL anxious...when my doctor asked me if I was anxious I said "Well no!" because I had no idea I actually had anxiety!

My doctor at the time suggested that I carry bottled water with me to sip whenever I felt ill..that swallowing sips of water could alleviate the feeling. Now, I have no idea if it was a psychological cure or not, but it DID help a great deal! The only drawback was that I had to pee all the time!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

green43050 HB User

Sounds like irritable bowel syndrome.or crohn's disease. I have crohns. I can relate. Have your docs do a cat scan to start. When I was diagnosed it took a while. They wanted to test me for parasites or infections. I had my whole family convinced I was bulimic. You can eat but it doesn't want to down. If you are diagnosed they have meds that can really help.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
(male)

Dweano HB User

Thanks for the input guys. I actually got around to the doctor today. I explained to him and he gave me stuff for acid (take 30 mins before main meal) and stuff for my intestines. So I will start taking those and hopefully it goes away. He also said I should get blood work done so I will do that when I am able to. Hopefully it helps!

Tealotv-Now that you say that I can recall a time where I was at a banquet...had a meal, felt bad...but kept sipping water. I felt good! Hmm...will have to think about doing that more often

Green- Crohns disease...I have a friend with that an his farts reek and he says its because he has Crohns disease. Mine do not stink at all. This is very unscientific and crude methodology but I don't think I have it. Irritable bowel syndrome...maybe?

Thanks for the replies guys! I will try to keep you posted on how the meds work

Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
(male)

Dweano HB User

Well its been awhile and doesn't seem to be helping, I had a rack of ribs yesterday (mothers day) and then went to a performance (again...mothers day) and all through the first half I felt TERRIBLE! Not like...throwing up...but like...if I wanted to it would be so easy. My stomach felt bad and my throat felt like stuff was rising up in it...not like...about to puke but like...my throat felt "full" if anyone knows what I am talking about (thats always been happening, not just the ribs). This was as I had been taking the pill before eating the ribs as well. So...yeah the meds aren't really happening. The worst is this seems to be random too, sometimes I can eat and be fine and other times I eat and I feel terrible. I guess I will go to a different doctor and see what happens?

The following user gives a hug of support to Dweano:
green43050 (05-10-2011)
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #8
(female)

green43050 HB User

I am sorry you don't feel well. Your friend can have stinky farts but not all Crohn's patients do. I agree you should get another doctor to look at you. Maybe a gastroenterologist can help. I was not diagnosed until I met mine. The difference between IBD and crohn's is that one only affects the stomach and crohn's effects the whole digestive system. It is treatable. It helps me If I don't eat tomato sauces, red meat, and spicy food. Every once in while is ok, but I know it could be uncomfortable later.

Closed Thread