It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
(female)

Pipsal HB User
What does "Reactive White Blood Cells" mean?

I have a host of symptoms, which could point to thyroid, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, autoimmune conditions.

Throughout the course of testing for various things, over the past 10 years or so, I noticed that for at least the past few years the blood tests always indicate "mild lyphocytosis" due to elevated white cell count (blood tests are done at least a dozen or more times a year - and I'm not often sick with a virus etc). I pointed this out to Dr late last year, and now they are looking into it as it still comes back elevated.

I was sent for a 'lymphocyte marker studies' test, never saw the results (could see majority of parts were 'red' meaning too low/high, am guessing must have been mild). The lab and Dr said I needed to have it tested again in 2 months. I just had it tested again (different Doc cos mine was away) and she gave me a test for 'Leukaemia marker studies' - not sure if this is same test or a bit different.

Anyhow, had test done and rang for results today - apparently I have to get it checked again in 2 months, and the only comment I got from the receptionist was "Reactive White Blood Cells". Does anyone know what that means? I'm guessing its not bad because I don't have to go in to Doc, but why keep checking it - what could it mean?

I have an appt with doc but not for a week as he's still on holidays and I want my normal GP. Any ideas greatly appreciated - especially if they may indicate something to do with the abovementioned conditions as still trying to get diagnosis/treatment for them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread