It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

dorpou HB User
new glasses and dizzy attacks

I purchased two new pairs of glasses on saturday morning (prescription- 1 reading pair and 1 distance pair) They have certainly improved my vision but I woke at 1 am this morning, sat up and almost passed out with dizziness.
Attempted to sit up twice and this happened, was ok once I stood up. Have been feeling slightly dizzy and nauseous all day, and wonder if the new glasses would be causing this problem.

Feel fine in all other respects but was very scary at the time, and still feel yuck!!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: new glasses and dizzy attacks

You said your seeing much better with the glasses but when taken off your dizzy? I would think if it was the glasses it would happen while wearing them.

Once they gave me the wrong glasses but I noticed it as soon as I walked out of the office so went back and they explained how 2 people ordered the same ones and I accidentally got the wrong pair. Could it be you just need to get use to them and are they maybe stronger then the last 2 pairs?

If it keeps up I would contact the eye Dr. for an opinion if possible.

Good luck...JJ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User
Re: new glasses and dizzy attacks

I don't see how they could affect you when you aren't wearing them. It sounds like you had a minor vertigo attack. We have little crystals in the ears that get jarred around sometimes and can cause dizzyness. If you are not dizzy when you are wearing them I think it is a coincidence.

Closed Thread