It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
(male)

BTBAM HB User
I get sick on average of once a month, what is my problem?

t is usually not a full out illness, but I start feeling crappy and getting a stuffy nose out of NO WHERE then wake up the next day and have a cold, which I eventually get over completely within a week. I am very (practically bed ridden) sick at least once a year, while the other slight colds come almost every four to eight weeks.

Does anyone know what my problem here is?

I don't smoke, I eat fresh fruit and veggies EVERY DAY and have a very good diet, I train with weights 5 days a week, I do cardio 5 days a week, I am in great shape, I take a daily multi, I get enough sleep (minimum of 8 hours a night) and have a great sleep schedule (in bed and wake up same time nearly every night). I wash my hands all the time.... My point is I can't figure out for the life of me what I am doing wrong here??!

It is extremely annoying and gets in the way of everything I do. Does ANYONE have any input on my situation?

If it matters, I live in a dry, hot climate (Phoenix, AZ), and have very MINOR allergies - I've been allergy tested for 200+ things and have a very slight allergy to tree pollen (I think that was it). I've consistently had very bad sinus problems and issues with my tonsils (which are massive, by the way) since I was a kid, as well.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated as this is getting very old!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #2
(male)

Mrfast HB User
Re: I get sick on average of once a month, what is my problem?

Well since you say you have sinus problems, it could be Chronic Sinusitis, you can easily check for that with an X-ray and/or CT scan after seeing a doctor. There is also a correlation between having allergies and having Sinusitis, so that would be my best guess.

Last edited by Mrfast; 05-08-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

It sure does sound like a combo of sinus issues and allergies. Have you ever been told to do a sinus rinse with either a Netipot or Neilmed bottle? My ENT gave me the Neilmed bottle last year as I get a lot of sinus issues and it has helped. It felt wierd the first few times but you get use to it. You can actually do a search on them to see how it is used.

Best of luck...JJ...

Old 05-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
(male)

BTBAM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
It sure does sound like a combo of sinus issues and allergies. Have you ever been told to do a sinus rinse with either a Netipot or Neilmed bottle? My ENT gave me the Neilmed bottle last year as I get a lot of sinus issues and it has helped. It felt wierd the first few times but you get use to it. You can actually do a search on them to see how it is used.

Best of luck...JJ...
Yes, last time I used one of those the water just got stuck in my sinuses and ending up hurting and making matters worse. I was leaking water for the next four days!

I am definitely going to see a doctor ASAP to get this figured out, but am looking for any ideas I can bring up to my doctor when I see him.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
(male)

still life HB Userstill life HB User

Besides sinusitis, the only thing that comes to my mind as a possible culprit is overexertion. You mention cardio and weights 5 days a week. If it's extra strenuous, it's possible it could suppress the immune system.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
(female)

heyloe HB Userheyloe HB Userheyloe HB User

Hello,

Just a thought...ever get checked for a bacterial sinus infection that could be coming from your gym? It could be fungal too but that would be less likely coming from your gym and I liked my theory I think pretty much all sinus tests like that are nostril swabs if you decide to give it a go...

Good luck!

Heyloe

Old 05-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
Yes, last time I used one of those the water just got stuck in my sinuses and ending up hurting and making matters worse. I was leaking water for the next four days!

I am definitely going to see a doctor ASAP to get this figured out, but am looking for any ideas I can bring up to my doctor when I see him.
Wow, sounds like you had a bad experience with it. First 2 times I used it I had a little problem but as soon as I got use to it the sinus rinse helped. I think getting it checked is best, this way you know what the problem is and maybe will get some relief.

As someone else said, is there any problem at the gym like mold or it not being kept clean enough? These are all things you need to write down to ask your Dr. and also look into.

Good luck...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (05-09-2011)
Old 05-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi are sweets used at all?

Closed Thread