It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
(female)

Bunneh HB User
Unhappy Pneumonia continues?

Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here but i joined this forum just to see if i could get some insight to my problem I've been having. So please help me out! <3

Two years ago, I had a horrible pain in my shoulder and back that i knew wasn't right. I had trouble breathing, i was coughing up mucus, and what was worse was my father believed it was nothing more than a pulled muscle and had be suffer with it for a week and a half. It was finally tot he point where it hurt to stand up and breathe as well as sit down or lay down to breathe. It was the worst pain i've felt in my life! Finally, I called up my family doctor and asked for an appointment against my father's wishes. Even with all of the pain i was going through, I drove myself to the doctor's office. When he asked me to breathe in i couldn't. This worried him to the point he had one of his nurses drive me to the hospital and got me into the ER pronto. Turns out, of course, I had pneumonia. They gave me antibiotics and within a few days i was all better to go to my anime convention.

However, two years down the road i still get pains in that same lung and often times find it hard to breathe. At first I thought it would just return with stress but I just finished my last batch of exams and yet tonight i had a horrible attack. The same exact pain as when it started out. However, all the other times this has happened in the past two years i felt better after an hour or two. This time it isn't going away. Does this mean I have pneumonia again, or are these still just after effects? I would like an opinion from you guys before I seek out a doctor because I have no insurance and absolutely no money. So before I go spending money I don't have I would like to know if there would be any good to it?

Thankies guys!!! ^-^

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Pneumonia continues?

Did you ever have a follow-up chest x-ray to check that the pneumonia was entirely gone? You're supposed to have another x-ray a few weeks after being treated.

Also, it's possible that there is some small lung scarring in the area where you had the infection. Occasionally, pneumonia leads to chronic asthma. Or, it could be that you are getting sick again.

Either way, this needs to get checked out. Find a clinic where they can do a chest x-ray on the spot, or go to the ER.

Last edited by janewhite1; 05-09-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
pneumonia