It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
(male)

sgilbert14 HB User
Chest and head pain.

I am trying to find some direction. I have both random, sharp pains in both my chest and my head. My chest pains are always on the left side, over my heart and the head pains mostly on the same side of my head, temple region. Both are short lasting and are often sharp and intense and they have been occurring on and off for a few years. My head pain will sometime come with a lightheaded, disoriented feeling. I also suffer from lower back and neck pain, loss of feeling/numbness in the left arm and hand. This often happens if I hold something in my hand; say a phone, for a very short time. The arm and hand are often like this when I wake as well. There is also an issue with swallowing foods at times.
I have just had and echo test and barium swallow. Both were negative. I go in for blood work this week, but have had issues with high white counts, anemia and in ’04 a benign tumor was removed from the right side of my neck which formed in the saliva gland and lymph nodes and these were removed as well.
A bit worried because I cannot seem to find answers or direction. I am seeing a physician’s assistant at my doctors’ office who wants to treat me for acid reflux for my chest pain but seems to pass on responding to my head pain. I do not believe in the acid reflux because I tried out what would happen if I ate everything he said to stay away from and nothing happened. The pains are random and I cannot link anything that I can say brings them on. I am 47 and exercise, eat for the most part, a healthy diet and try to take care of myself.
Looking for directions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Chest and head pain.

Believe it or not, a bone or muscle problem in your neck could cause all of that. Because the nerves to your arms come from your neck, that could cause the arm numbness. Very tight muscles on the left side of your neck can produce both headaches near your temple and pain down into the upper chest.

Do me a favor. Sit up straight. Now tilt your head to the right. Gently stretch the muscles on the left side of the neck. See how that feels. If stretching, moving or massaging your neck worsens, relieves or moves any of these problems, then they could be related.

Of course, I'm just a random person on the Internet. I could be totally off base. But that's my best guess.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
(male)

sgilbert14 HB User

There is always a degree of stiffness in my neck. I do stretch on a regular bases as I exercise but I will be a bit more religious at it and see if anything changes. Thanks

Old 02-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
(male)

DBN HB User

I have exactly the same and I am a 26 year old man. Spontaneous and sharp pain on the front left of my head, chest and back.

Really not sure what it is, I will be looking for answers and will share if I find anything.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
(male)

andrew john HB User

Sipping chicken soup when you're sick is a time-honored tradition, and it may actually help reduce cold symptoms and allow the cold to move more quickly through your body.

and for head pain you should need to take rest.

Closed Thread