It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
(male)

Tushar HB User
Question Swollen Tongue; Unable to pronounce Correctly

Hello,

I'm 21/M/India. For the past 5 days, I'm feeling that my tongue has been swollen a bit because I'm unable to talk comfortably. I'm finding it not very comfortable when I say words with 'R' in them. Since 2 weeks, I've not been able to have good sleep because of my exams.
There is no pain or no teeth marks on my tongue nor any kind of itching. Please help me to deal with it. I hope it isn't a major problem.
Thank you.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Swollen Tongue; Unable to pronounce Correctly

Hi a friend of mine got a swollen tongue so bad from a medication she took, she almost died because it blocked her airway. I would go to the emergency room if it seems very swollen or worsens. Sometimes people are allergic to things and need to find out what they are allergic to through an allergist.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Tushar (05-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
(male)

Tushar HB User

Hey, thanks for the reply. But I'm not on any medication; I can't notice any difference in the size when I look at it in the mirror, but yeah, I can feel it. It is not even getting worse or something.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi you are welcome! What was eaten in the thirty days before all this started? Was anything eaten that had food additives in it? Perhaps something that is not normally eaten?

Last edited by sjb; 05-22-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: addition made

Old 05-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
(male)

Tushar HB User

Well, its a bit hard to recollect what I had eaten for the last 30 days which had additives in it, but there hasn't been much of a change in my diet lately and I don't think I've consumed anything of that kind either. Erm, Could the change in a tooth paste make any difference? :/

Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi perhaps that is it! I would go to a natural one or at least the original one to see if it makes any difference. Some people say there is also a health problem connected with flouride although I am not saying there is an allergy to it.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Try going back to the toothpaste you used before. There just may be some additive in the new toothpaste that is aggravating your tongue. Obviously if it doesn't get better I would check with your Dr. Even your local pharmacist might beable to help.

Good luck and keep us posted...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (05-22-2011)
Closed Thread