It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

mjtgentile HB User
Lightbulb *SEVERE* Right Groin/Lower Hip Pain (Female)

Dear all, I need desperately any assistance you can give. I have been to 4 different doctors and NO ONE has any idea what this is!!!

Basically, I am feeling severe pain (the pain changes day to day, some days itís a 9, and other days itís a 4 on the pain level scale) which started back in February 2011. The pain is located on my right side Ė right groin area mostly. The pain feels like a very hot nail being hammered into the area of pain. Anytime I touch or press down on the pain, it kills!! However, if you look at this area of my body, there is no evidence of pain (infection, swelling, etc.)

For the pain, most medicines do not work Ė motrin, advil, aleve, - I have tried everything! Even the prescribed meds such as Norethin doesnít work. The only relief I can get is from Oxycoton which I use sparingly. I can always feel the pain when I lay down and I havenít had a good nightís sleep in a long time.

I have not sexually active and have not been in a long time.

At first, it was just a bladder infection but then, after this cleared up, I noticed a new pain down there. I have had 2 ultrasounds and 1 CATscan but they didnít show anything (on uterus, ovaries, kidneys, you name it). After seeing many experts, they concluded that it was endometriosis since I have all the symptoms of this (heavy bleeding, painful periods, nothing shows up on the CATscan/ultrasound, endo runs in the family, etc.).

I then had laposcopic surgery to remove the endometriosis. I was all excited but the doctor said that he didnít find anything and everything looked healthy!! Of course, this fact didnít stop the pain.

Next, was the lupron shot. The day I received it the pain jumped to a 11 (!). It wasnít the shot itself but the same pain again. It has been a few weeks and I have to get a 2nd lupron shot very soon. But I do not think that will not help either.

Could this possibly be a muscle issue even though there is no sign of infection?? Perhaps nerve damage?? This pain is ruining my life and itís spreading (itís now spreading upwards towards my body Ė half way up my hip). I am a little active but not overly active.

I have never had any kidney stones before and the ultrasound showed nothing. I have had my gallbladder removed (ultrasound showed that it was quite diseased) and I have had a stomach hernia repaired from this operation.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!! I would LOVE to have my life back!! (Iím only 30 years old!!)

-Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: *SEVERE* Right Groin/Lower Hip Pain (Female)

It is possible to have muscle pain in that area. I'm assuming this is in front, right where your leg meets your belly?

Try something for me. Lie on your back on a bed or couch with your right hip and leg hanging off the side. Use a towel to pull your right foot up and toward your head. This should open and stretch all the muscles in that area, including quadriceps and sartoris. The yoga poses "cobra" or "upward facing dog" are good stretches for the abdominal muscles. (I'm sure you can find a picture).

You can also try massaging muscles AROUND the painful area. (If it hurts that much, massaging ON it won't work even if it is muscle pain.

It could be something else entirely, but there's my best idea.

Closed Thread