It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

Agoosh HB User
HUGE bruises without injury ... appearing nonstop!

Hi!

Since I can remember, I have always bruises easily and always blamed it on my light/sensitive skin. About a month and a half ago, I got a mole removed from my left thigh (some strange mole that grew big within 3 weeks.) After that procedure, I started getting VERY VERY big bruises on that leg WITHOUT injury (hitting, bumping etc.) The bruises aren't just big..they are literally HUGE. First, i got one that covered the whole front of the thigh. Then when it went away another of the same size came up on the side of the thigh. After that, another of the OTHER side. Currently, I have a bruise (or multiple bruises that all came up at the same time) on the bottom part of the leg... The bruise is literally covering the whole side.

I rarely get bruises on any other parts of my body (especially this size and this often!) but on my other leg, I get smaller ones but a lot darker in color and last a lot longer. Those also show up without me bumping against anything.

I am not sure what might be happening. Could it be after the mole was removed? Or could there be something wrong with my blood? I am planning to go to the doctor this week because for the past month and a half, I have not had a day without my legs being covered by this.

The picture is of the current bruise - this is about 4-5 days after it appeared out of nowhere. It is already fading in color but was twice as big/dark. It looked more like one big bruise but parts started fading, making it look like there are a bunch of small ones.

I hope someone can give me some ideas on what might be happening!

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (6.3 KB, 8 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: HUGE bruises without injury ... appearing nonstop!

I seriously doubt it is from the mole. Are you a person who works out alot?Buises can occur in some people who exercise rigorously, such as athletes and weight lifters. These bruises result from microscopic tears in blood vessels under the skin. Any unexplained bruises that occur easily or for no apparent reason may indicate a bleeding disorder and it also can be a vitamin deficency especially vitamin C. Obviously there is no cut and dry answer to diagnose the problem so seeing your Dr. and having some tests done is the best way to go.

Wishing you well and keep us posted what you find out..JJ...

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Agoosh (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
(female)

Agoosh HB User

Thank for the reply!

I do not work out...at all. I'm a lazy girl haha... I don't think it's from the mole either but it's just weird the bruises started getting so bad the day I got it removed. I will make an apt today and will see whats going on.

Thanks again

Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Well that working out stuff can cause it but guess that's not your problem... Smart move making an appt. this way you will get an answer. It could be nothing to worry about as like I said, it could be a vitamin deficency, but better to know then wonder.

Let me know how it goes...JJ...

Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
(female)

dcleary HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoosh View Post
Hi!

Since I can remember, I have always bruises easily and always blamed it on my light/sensitive skin. About a month and a half ago, I got a mole removed from my left thigh (some strange mole that grew big within 3 weeks.) After that procedure, I started getting VERY VERY big bruises on that leg WITHOUT injury (hitting, bumping etc.) The bruises aren't just big..they are literally HUGE. First, i got one that covered the whole front of the thigh. Then when it went away another of the same size came up on the side of the thigh. After that, another of the OTHER side. Currently, I have a bruise (or multiple bruises that all came up at the same time) on the bottom part of the leg... The bruise is literally covering the whole side.

I rarely get bruises on any other parts of my body (especially this size and this often!) but on my other leg, I get smaller ones but a lot darker in color and last a lot longer. Those also show up without me bumping against anything.

I am not sure what might be happening. Could it be after the mole was removed? Or could there be something wrong with my blood? I am planning to go to the doctor this week because for the past month and a half, I have not had a day without my legs being covered by this.

The picture is of the current bruise - this is about 4-5 days after it appeared out of nowhere. It is already fading in color but was twice as big/dark. It looked more like one big bruise but parts started fading, making it look like there are a bunch of small ones.

I hope someone can give me some ideas on what might be happening!

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!
Hello,

I have a similar story regarding a mole that I had removed last week on the back of my thigh. A large black and blue appearred around the incision area. Also a couple of days after surgery I started having muscle spasms up and down the back of my legs. I was so concerned that I went back to see the doctor today so that he could check me. He tells me that the incision is healing very well and that the bruising and spasms can be normal. I have had many moles removed and I have never had the symptoms that I have hd with this one. He suggested that I put cold compressions on my legs and take ibuprofen for the pain. I am a very active person and I'm hoping that this pain does not last long. I go back next week to the doctor to have the stitches removed. Hopefully the bruising and the leg spasms will be gone. How did you make out at your appointment?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Its a good thing your going to see your doctor about this bruising. it could be nothing or maybe something more serious best your getting it checked soon.

Closed Thread