It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

EmmaGrace HB User
Over-reaction or blood clot?

So I'm a bit prone to over-reacting when it comes to issues with my health that aren't straight forward and simple (ex: I just twisted my ankle, therefore the pain must be due to a sprained ankle.) and I'm worried that I may have a blood clot in my leg, but I'm not sure if I'm (as usual) over-reacting so I'm looking for a little help to set me straight.

The course of events/symptoms that have lead me to believe I am have a blood clot in my leg are:

While sitting in class I had sharp continuous chest pain just left (my left) of my breast bone that lasted about 20 to 25 seconds. [I will mention I have had chest pains like this before on a greater and lesser scale. I get them every couple of months or so.]
Then I had an odd sensation/discomfort in my left elbow/arm, less then a minute afterwards that lasted for maybe 20 minutes.
And then just before the discomfort in my arm went away I started have pain in my left calf that didn't feel like it was near the surface but rather deep in the muscle or near the bone. [Like the chest pain I get pain like this one my calf every couple of months but the two until now have never been together.] The pain continued through the whole day, increasing when I crossed my legs or flex my foot so my toes were pointed up. The pain subsided when I got home and rested on the couch but started up again as I got ready for bed.
I don't see any sign of redness, swelling or heat which are symptoms of DVT or even smaller blood clots but the chest pain that proceeded the leg pain has got me worried.

I'd be happy for any advise!!

Emma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread