It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
(female)

happylittlefami HB User
Could I have a blood vessel disorder?

I've been anemic since birth. Right now, I'm scheduled for every other day iv Iron infusions to try to get my levels up. I'm starting to think the issue isn't my blood as much as it is my blood vessels, but almost anything on vein issues is about spider or varicose veins. For those of you who are more educated in blood vessel disorders, do any of this connect?

**Iron deficiency anemia that does not respond to iron treatments. (Even the iv iron infusions don't increase my levels)
**I have very large, blue/green veins all over my body. My arms are a buffet of veins, I have veins all over my chest and belly, and all through my legs. While I am fair skinned, these are very obvious veins that I don't see on other fair skinned people. The veins in my hands are almost always bulging out and so are the ones in my feet.
**I have recently been reacting to pretty much any new medication I take. It's always the same reaction. A burning feeling in my ears/head and then I get sores along my jawline and into my chest if I don't catch the reaction quick enough with Benadryl.
**I have a lot of bone/muscle/nerve pain. I get weird pins and needles and shock like feelings zapping in various areas. Benadryl actually works better than anything else at reducing these sensations.
**My vision has been blurry for some time now, though my vision isn't bad when having eye exams.
**I have chronic intense headaches that start at the base of my skull and radiate to the back of my ears and into my temples. My face also hurts in my forehead and cheekbones. My jaw is shifting causing my teeth to become misaligned.
**I feel like my neck lymph nodes are always swollen and very slightly tender. They have been this way forever.
**I'm a chronic bruiser, despite having high platelet levels. I'm always covered in bruises and I bruise very easily. If I tap my hand against something, I get very painful swollen bruises in my fingers (usually on the sides of them) and on my palm. Though, oddly, I rarely end up bruising when I have blood samples taken from my large arm veins. I do bruise badly and painfully when they take blood samples from the smaller veins though.
**My bruises are dark purple/black pretty much within minutes to hours of bumping. They linger for a couple of days or so. Some last longer than others. I have 2 on my legs right now that have been sticking around going on about 2 weeks now.
**My eyeballs sometimes swell at night when I'm asleep and my eyelids then stick to my eyeballs. I know it sounds weird, but when I wake up, if I don't gently allow my eyelids to pull apart, I end up feeling like I've ripped a bandaid off my eyeballs! It's extremely painful. It doesn't happen all of the time, but often enough to keep me mindful to not jump out of bed too suddenly!! Was tested for Sjorgen's and it came back negative.

Also, I get a really odd painful burning rash like thing on my knuckles and between my fingers whenever I wash my hands a lot or knead dough (bread dough with baker's yeast and dough recipes without adding baker's yeast) Last night I made biscuits and I have horrible burn like rashes all over my right hand and not my left since I was only using my right to mix the dough. Very weird, right? lol

Does any of this seem to connect? I'm supposed to start iv iron infusions again tomorrow, but really don't want to. I think I have some type of blood or vessel issue and would prefer they diagnose it than just treat the symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread