It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

Patient0 HB User
Excessive bruising, no irregularities detected

As title says, I'm suffering excessive bruising, usually located on my legs, but sometimes, like now, can be found on my arms. I've had several blood tests performed, looking into potential lupus, Marfan or Ehlers Danlos syndrome, but all blood tests come back displaying perfectly normal blood cell and platelet count, which leaves my doctor clueless as to what to do next. I have also been diagnosed with policystic ovarian syndrome, however, this was diagnosed because the doctors working on my case could not find viable reason behind my symptoms when they thought it could have been Cushing's and so decided it must be P.O.S. Detailed tests to confirm this were not performed, however, but the diagnosis stands in my medical files. The medications I have had prescribed for P.O.S. management over the last year have not shown success. I am on regular liver+kidney function monitoring and these tests are within normal.

Within the last 6 months, I have noticed numerous unexplained bruises on my legs and arms which are generally completely painless, but have a tendency to cover moderately large area and sometimes be very dark. I'm trying to help out my doctor with providing as many details as possible as well as some ideas (it was me who suggested Ehlers Danlos and Marfan after lupus tests came back negative). What is confusing is that I, in fact, do not have problems clotting, as every time I get a blood test or a cut, there is minimal bruising and clotting occurs in seconds to minutes.

It's becoming very frustrating as due to lack of anomalous test results, my doctor is losing interest and leaning towards thinking this is all accidental.
I would appreciate any input and ideas about what this might be, it would help both me and my doctors. You can view my current medications in my profile.

Thanks,
Patient0

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread