It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
(male)

Moose2 HB User
Unhappy Is Neutropenia causing this? Long story.

Hey everyone, I'll try and make this post a short as I possibly can. This has been effecting me since Christmas.

Got the 'seasonal flu' about a week before Christmas and it didn't clear up until the middle of January. It was the longest I had ever been ill. About a week after feeling my old self I got tonsillitis but that only lasted 3-5 days.

Then I went a while feeling alright again but late March I woke up one day (after drinking) and felt drunk still. I thought... well It mustn't of left my system yet.
Ever since that day I have been on/off dizzy and off balance.

I've had a long term ear infection since June of last year which I have not got sorted out (Tomorrow I am seeing someone at an ENT clinic). The reasons for me not getting it fixed is because I was starting to get ear infections on a regular basis and I had lost my patience going the doctors every so often.

My ear can have days being dry and feeling alright then sometimes there is liquid coming from the ear and it can also become itchy and sometimes painful for a split second.

I went the doctors and told them that things don't look right, it was very hard to explain. It was like being tipsy without the alcohol and was making me very anxious and still is. I have been experiencing heart palpitations, long headaches, extreme fatigue to the point where it makes me depressed that I'm so tired.. and I find it harder to concentrate on things.

I had a blood test which came back with me having Neutropenia, my doctor said that my white blood cells where slightly lower than they should be and that it means that I am more prone to becoming ill.

Finding that out kind of sent me into depression and I find myself thinking about this every day. I just feel like it's a matter of time before I become seriously ill and bid farewell. I think it sounds silly but I really do feel this way.

After telling the doctor about the palpitations and panic I was feeling she sent me for an ECG. As she was looking at it she said that everything is pretty normal, a very slight abnormal thingy majig but nothing to worry about. Then she said to make sure, she was going to give me a 24 hour heart monitor.

Got to the hospital to pick this monitor up and it turns out I was having it for FIVE days. The most five irritating and itchy days of my life.

Went to give it back, the receptionist took it from me and that was the last time I ever heard about it.

My dizziness / off balance'ness was starting to really get on my nerves so I went to a local walk in centre and asked them about my ear to see if it was giving me any grief (THE WHOLE TIME I HAD FORGOTTEN TO MENTION MY EAR TO MY DOCTOR BECAUSE I WAS SO USED TO HAVING THE INFECTION).

The woman in there said to me that there was a lot of liquid trapped behind the ear drum? So I asked that would that cause me to feel dizzy and weak? and she said yes and gave me a weeks worth of Amoxicillan (anti biotics).

My dizziness faded away but I noticed palpitations sometimes after taking them. I knew it wasn't a permanent fix but for time being college was a priority.

Had another appointment with the doctor, told her about my ear infection and that I was feeling better after having the anti-biotics. I was that excited about not being dizzy or off balance that I just got out of there and felt good. Completely forgetting about the heart monitor.

Now I feel like I have a chest infection (minor cough and feeling the need to clear my chest), I still have an ear infection and I've noticed that minor wounds are taking longer to heal. My cat scratched me when playing around two weeks ago and I can still see the line where he scratched me. Also have another cut on my hand which just seems to have a bump of skin grown over it. Looks like scarring basically... I usually heal at a regular rate, if there is one. Definitely faster than this anyway.

Pains throughout my body now and again, known anxiety. I just feel so flat and pointless. Starting to feel like a hypochondria patient with the amount of times I moan about my health. 21 years old and I feel like I'm 90.

Is Neutropenia causing me to heal slower and be sick more often or am I just screwed? Sorry for the long post I need to say it somewhere because I'm tired of telling people about it and I'm sure they are sick of hearing it.

Also.. is this reversible if it is mild Neutropenia? I have near enough given up feeling like crap all the time.

Last edited by Moose2; 07-17-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
(male)

Moose2 HB User
Re: Is Neutropenia causing this? Long story.

How should I take the ginger? Hopefully ginger biscuits is an option...

Just got back from the ENT clinic, they syringed my left ear which now feels weird and they also did some digging around in my right infected ear. I've been given ear spray to take 3 times a day for a week.

As for my chest It's going to be another week till I get a doctors appointment, that's just how the NHS works..

Closed Thread