It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

petlover215 HB User
Headaches, neckaches, tightness in throat

Well, it's been 16 years now off and on that I have dealt with headaches in the back of the head, neckaches, and a sensation of a tightness in my throat. I have never met anyone else who can relate to all 3 symptoms? I am wondering if anyone else on here can? I am determined to get some help. I am a single parent and need to stay healthy. I go to see a NeuroSurgeon this week after years of chiro, physical therapy, trigger injections, massage, accupuncture, meds, shiastu, etc... I'm praying for some answers.

I had a bike accident back in1995. It was months later that these symptoms started and have never fully gone away. I'm praying for answers and remedies to help me manage what I feel.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. At one time, I was told I had a small disc herniation C5-6 and a broad based disc buldge (7/98). But MRI's since then, didn't show this especially after spending megabucks on deompression therapy. Then, 2 years ago, I was rear ended, so it's time for answers.

Any suggestions or remedies. I'm all ears and wish others well too.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Headaches, neckaches, tightness in throat

Hello petlover215. Sorry to hear you suffer so much. I suffer like you do and even more.
I had a severe whiplash five years ago and suffer 24/7 since. I cannot even describe you how much I suffer. I have headacke in the left side of my head(some of the time). left side of my neck hurts me(all of the time), and severe tightness like someone is stuggling me in the front of my neck and in the left - front side of my neck(two locations - it hurts there all of the time- tightness in my throat left side also).

Nothing helped. Physical therapist did nothing to help relieve this pain.
I sit with ice all the time. To the point of not being able to function.
Tens machine did nothing.
So you have found somebody like you - me.

MRI showed two minimal disks in my neck.

How were you able to get rid of your herniated disk and the bulging disks?
I have never done decompression therapy. So that took that away? Who does that?

In the beginning they thought I have soft tissue damage caused by the accident but then I did the MRI and it showed two bulging disks. I was told by some doctors the pain is caused by soft tissue damage and by some by bulging disks.

Perhaps the new thing calld MCU = multi cervical unit would be able to help me. Have you tried that? I have not tried it yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread