It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

Tulsey HB User
Question Dull and sharp pain in right hip, thigh & side of leg

I am a new member . I have the same problem that started about a month ago. I had started to go to the gym. Am not overweight. I usually went on eliptical machine, some thigh machines for inside and outside legs, back press machine. Due to my leg pain that is getting worse , I have stopped going to the gym. Simple walk makes my leg from above the ankle to the hip hurt. I have started to walk with a slight limp.
I live in Canada and just returned back 3 weeks ago from Spain.
I saw my doctor a week ago and he moved my leg up, down and over ruled the clot because I take blood thinner due to valve decease.
I got a pelvic xray done and no result has been declared (xray done a week ago). I have just started physiotherapy with acupuncture. I was told that my left side of my lower back muscles are stronger that the right side of my lower back muscles.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with me or even if there are any suggestions what I should do . Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Dull and sharp pain in right hip, thigh & side of leg

sounds like the sciatic nerve is impinged or being pressed on,or irritated from the exercise.

I can relate...I've always had back "problems". In the late '80s I had spray and stretch treatment done on my lower back and it irritated the sciatic nerve so badly that I couldn't even sit. The pain was so horrific that the doc sent me for a myleogram. no major impingement, but the compression of the stretching and contracting of the muscles did a number on that nerve. It took a long while to get me feeling better.
Chiropractics actually helped.

You might want to also consider a medication such as Robaxin to relax the muscles as well....

I feel your pain!
Hope you feel better soon,
q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
Tulsey (08-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
(female)

Tulsey HB User

Thanks Quincy for your response.
i am going through IMS treatment (physiotherapy) which is similar to acupuncture but just deeper and aggressive treatment. Tomorrow is my second day. I am giving heat treatment to my lower back and so far I am able to walk without pain but I still feel the location of the pain. I am on blood thinner so have to be careful of any medication that might interact with what I take.
I just hope that this problem goes away soon......

Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Sounds like a great treatment. Ask specifically what and why that area is being treated and what it does...meaning, you'll understand how nerves, etc connect and cause the pain.

Happy to hear you're having improvement.

q

Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
(male)

vasilaos HB User

try using dr schools insoles with shock guard technology. they helped me a lot

Old 03-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
(female)

Tulsey HB User
Smile Re: Dull and sharp pain in right hip, thigh & side of leg

[
Thanks Vasilaos. I went for physiotherapy and he gave me the acupuncture on my backbone muscles twice a week for 4 weeks and I finally got rid of it. I was told to do some other leg extension exercises with the elastic exercise band.

Closed Thread