It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
(male)

tempguy HB User
sharp pain in the lower right side, near hip bone

i am having a really sharp pain in the lower right of my site near the hip bone... This been happening for about 2 years and it comes and goes randomly... it feels like someone poking me with a big needle when i take a deep breath and stretch myself while im having the pain.. and also when i press on it i hear something like a gas sound (brrtt brtt).. finally the pain last for about a day and i throw up couple of times.. pls help what could this be?

if this topic is in the wrong section pls feel free to move it to the right place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: sharp pain in the lower right side, near hip bone

have you seen a dr? It could be a hernia, gas to name a few. Maybe time for an ultrasound?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: sharp pain in the lower right side, near hip bone

Have you been checked out at all from your doctor?

I initially thought hernia as well and definitely an ultrasound could shed some light.

On the lower right side is the ileum, cecum and appendix as well as the ascending colon. If you're feeling gas (that's the brrrt sound when you press),it could be food related or irritable gas related.

The fact that you're vomitting is a concern, but that could also be hernia related if it's interfering with the peristalsis and signals within the digestive tract. Maybe when you press it, it pushes it back and that improves digestive movement, only to regress back eventually.

I don't think this is something you should continue to let be...you should get the pertinent testing to clear things off a tangible list before narrowing it down to food or IBS.

Are your bms normal? Any bleeding? Any other discomfort?

You MUST make sure you get referred to a gastroenterologist rather than just having your GP say it's nothing serious..not to diss a GP, however. Be proactive in getting to the right doctor.

You should also push for a colonoscopy if you don't have a hernia...again, just to make sure it's not something like Crohn's disease happening in that area (which can also be explained by your symptoms).

Please keep us posted as to what's happening...
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 08-12-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Closed Thread