It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

Mommyto1 09 HB User
have a small, pea size, hard bump on on the inside of butt cheek by anus

I noticed a small, pea size, hardish bump on the inside of my butt cheek about an inch or so away from my anus about 2 months ago. It was a few weeks-month after giving birth. I was extremely constipated after having my baby and didn't start having normal bowl movements until weeks after I gave birth. I know hemorrhoids are common during pregnancy. It has not gotten any bigger, doesn't hurt, is not oozing anything and I haven't bled when going to the bathroom. Not to be gross, but I tried looking with a mirror but I couldn't get a good view but it looks like it doesn't look red or anything. If you rub your finger over the top of my skin, you can't feel it unless you press down. I've noticed after taking a shower it seems to soften up a little or maybe get a little bit smaller.

I am healthy, in my late 20s, with no history of any family illnesses other then my mom having hemorrhoids as well. I don't have a primary care doctor so picked one randomly and have an apt in 3 weeks. I also found a walk in type doctor, but I'm a little leary of the type of care I will get there . We have a ton of bills right now, so if I could treat this at home rather then going to the dr, it would be great.

My questions are:
So does anyone know what this sounds like?
An external hemorrhoid?
Should I try a cream and putting hot water on it and see if it helps it go away before going to the dr. in a few weeks?
Can a family practice dr. look at this, which is who i have the appt. with? I'm pretty embarrassed to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
(male)

dexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB User
Re: have a small, pea size, hard bump on on the inside of butt cheek by anus

Search internet for anal fistula. And see your dr. They've seen it all.

Closed Thread